Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic condition Asian helmet...

Article about: I purchased this helmet today from a local antique dealer...here in Luxembourg...He sold it to me as a WW2 Japanese helmet...but I'm not so sure. It's very similar to the type 90 helmet but

Default Relic condition Asian helmet...

I purchased this helmet today from a local antique dealer...here in Luxembourg...He sold it to me as a WW2 Japanese helmet...but I'm not so sure. It's very similar to the type 90 helmet but the rivet holes are a bit off. Does anyone know what country/army this helmet originates from, moreover what era...at first I thought Vietcong...or Chinese Army 1950s or even North Korean ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic condition Asian helmet...   Relic condition Asian helmet...  

Relic condition Asian helmet...   Relic condition Asian helmet...  

Relic condition Asian helmet...   Relic condition Asian helmet...  

Relic condition Asian helmet...  

hi there ,i would say definately japanese in origin ,perhaps the type 78 ,i say this because side on it has a french adrian helmet appearance to it ,either that or some variation of there civil defence showing what is a type 90 style 3 point chinstraps arrangement ,nice it has a label ,you would'nt expect that from a relic ,sorry but it is the best i can help you with ,thanks james

A Japanese civil-defence helmet which would usually (but not always) be found with a cotton liner and tape chinstrap.

I apologize for the late reply...didn't check my email.... Anyway I greatly appreciate the information about the helmet...I thought it might be Japanese and you confirmed this...again sorry for the late reply and thank you again!