Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Repro helmet

Article about: Found this one, seems a much better copy.

Default Repro helmet

I know this lid is a modern reproduction, but want to know if it is perhaps modelled after a historic one?

Thanks

Jean
    Attached Images Attached Images Repro helmet  Repro helmet 

Default Re: Repro helmet

Redgemak, it is indeed modelled on an actual helmet (I think!),...very badly ! it is purporting to be a Imperial German Model 1894 Guard Currassier helmet, although fitted with the wrong badge/wappen, its lobstertail is the wrong shape, the spike is wrong, colour combination wrong, the list is endless, as the French would say a ''Merde'' copy !...please see this genuine helmet in attached link, albeit a parade version.....Model 1894 Preußen Garde Kürassier
    Parade Metalhelme

hope that has helped, Prost ! Steve.

Thanks Oradour

they ask 39 euro for it can't be fooled much

Jean

for a fake, it is a nice looking helmet, jmo.

best regards
    Marty

I wouldnt personally call this a fake, I'd say its more of an artistic interpretation of the real thing. To me fakes are made to fool people into thinking its real, but this is clearly newly made and very nice looking

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I wouldnt personally call this a fake, I'd say its more of an artistic interpretation of the real thing. To me fakes are made to fool people into thinking its real, but this is clearly newly made and very nice looking

Thanks

Danny
    I guess I meant to say a repro, instead of a fake, but it is a nice looking helmet.

regards
    Marty

I guess I meant to say a repro, instead of a fake, but it is a nice looking helmet.
    When I saw this ad I was thinking the same way.
    Thank you Oradour for the link to this outstanding website.

Jean

?

It is a terrible copy. I would not want it around. I think it would be a waist of good money.
    Steve

Quote by SteveR View Post
    It is a terrible copy. I would not want it around. I think it would be a waist of good money.
    Steve
    Gents, couldnt of said it any better !.....

Gents.....I cannot condone the buying of Reproduction helmets, but I realise that the style of the helmet shown above is very desirable and most probably way beyond most collectors budgets, I dont own one, (and never will as they cost the equivalent of a new small car !)....so, I can see the attraction of the next best thing, if that is your forte, (everyone to there own!) if you have to do it, at least buy/obtain something that looks the part...see this link, this IMO is as close as you will get to the real thing.....Antique arms, British swords, percussion rifles, German daggers and more - michaeldlong.com Germany

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast