Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

restored Modelo Z

Article about: Greetings to all, I have after long thoughts and all of your inputs I decided to remove the decals and the gray paint. The original dark green color of the helmet came alight. I also found o

Default restored Modelo Z

Greetings to all,

I have after long thoughts and all of your inputs I decided to remove the decals and the gray paint. The original dark green color of the helmet came alight. I also found out during the cleaning process that some one had glued aluminum buttons over the two front rivets to give the impression it to be a German helmet, plus the gray paint, false decals and the removal of the front bracket (which can clearly be seen on my pics). Obviously some body wanted to have a German helmet or sell it as a false one. I do not regret having this helmet restored. I will attach a bracket for the eagle. I had posted this helmet originally under "Steel Helmets - World Steel Helmets" German helmet ?

Speaking of the eagle, I have researched intensively to find out which pattern is appropriate for the Franco era. There are many different patterns out there. The problem is that I know there are fakes of this eagle and I see different patterns on original Z helmets that I believe are post war patterns, but I can't be sure as the net is not specific. Would any one know what eagle is Franco era. Example the crown slightly lifted up (pic 7) or directly on the eagles head as in pic 8, which I believe could be a modern pattern "looking at the cross" for the Barrett, but I see this pattern on original Z helmets, this makes it very confusing and miss-leading. The cross style varies so much as does the tail, feet, wings and the head of the eagle on these badges. UUUhhh

Thank you to you all for your past help.restored Modelo Zrestored Modelo Zrestored Modelo Zrestored Modelo Zrestored Modelo Zrestored Modelo Zrestored Modelo Zrestored Modelo Z

Default Re: restored Modelo Z

It looks nice. Well done!

this was a restoration worth doing and i think youve done a fantastic job of it any chance of a liner picture please
    Regards James

Quote by col james View Post
    this was a restoration worth doing and i think youve done a fantastic job of it any chance of a liner picture please
    Thank you James, here are the pics of the liner you requested.restored Modelo Zrestored Modelo Zrestored Modelo Z

?

Quite a nice job you have done, and as James says, worth it.
    The liner is still in great shape.

Brad.

Well done!...

many thanks skippyroo for the extra pictures ,i see you have the earlier liner ,and it looks in great shape too ,nice workjames
    Regards James

Quote by col james View Post
    many thanks skippyroo for the extra pictures ,i see you have the earlier liner ,and it looks in great shape too ,nice workjames
    I wish to thank you all for your comments, yes it was a pain staking job which talk me several
    days with a Q-tip so I wouldn't damage the original green paint, but I like it. If any body could help me with finding the right eagle pattern for the Franco era, as posted in this thread I would be very thankful. Thank you again for your comments.
    Skip