Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Saudi Soldier wearing Royal Armored Corps MK2?

Article about: here is an interesting photo with a US soldier instructing a Saudi soldier that appears to be wearing a British Roay Armored Corps MK2 steel helmet? some of those helmets brought back from D

Default Saudi Soldier wearing Royal Armored Corps MK2?

here is an interesting photo with a US soldier instructing a Saudi soldier that appears to be wearing a British Royal Armored Corps MK2 steel helmet? some of those helmets brought back from Desert Storm could be Saudi used helmets captured by the Iraqis? since they were well known for using any captured gear they could get.

A member of the 1st Battalion, 325th Airborne Infantry Regiment, stands by as a Saudi Arabian national guardsman sights an FIM-92A Stinger portable anti-aircraft missile launcher. The Stinger is being exhibited as part of an equipment and hardware static display during Operation Desert Shield.

File:A US soldier, stands by as a Saudi Arabian national guardsman sights an FIM-92A Stinger portable anti-aircraft missile launcher.JPEG - Wikimedia Commons
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saudi Soldier wearing Royal Armored Corps MK2?  

?

Hi BG, another great period reference picture, and very salient point made about these RAC helmets being worn by middle eastern nations, and completely agree with your point about the Iraqi's "liberating" captured items from their conquests of their neighbouring countries.

I have a Kuwaiti DPM jacket in my collection, brought back by a British serviceman from Iraq

Ps. Keep these excellent ref: pictures coming.

superb referance picture battlegear its always great to see the choc chip camo ,the rac helmet looks to have no chinstrap ,perhaps even no liner its hard to tell ,on a side note ive seen the use of the background camo netting on some us pasgt helmets in the gulf too ,do you know when this tan salade was first introduced into the us military ,thanks james

Quote by James C View Post
    superb referance picture battlegear its always great to see the choc chip camo ,the rac helmet looks to have no chinstrap ,perhaps even no liner its hard to tell ,on a side note ive seen the use of the background camo netting on some us pasgt helmets in the gulf too ,do you know when this tan salade was first introduced into the us military ,thanks james
    my guess is they started using the tan salade type camo vehicle netting back in the 1970's about the same time they were developing Desert camo uniforms, since the middle east had a lot of conflict going on the US needed to prepare for possible involvment in desert warfare in the near future.

thanks for passing on your info BG crikey as early as the 70's that surprises me but i suppose it makes sense