Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Semi relic French M-51 !

Article about: Hi fellow collectors. Here is a Semi relic French M-51 from my collection, sadly one of the bales is long gone, but the paint finish has a lovely rusty patina,which I personally really appre

?

Default Semi relic French M-51 !

Hi fellow collectors.

Here is a Semi relic French M-51 from my collection, sadly one of the bales is long gone, but the paint finish has a lovely rusty patina,which I personally really appreciate.
    It's a nice first issue 1952 dated shell, if only the other bale and chin strap was still present,oh well "them's the breaks" ( no pun intended).

Feel free to comment,I would appreciate your input.

Regards.

Semi relic French M-51 !
    Semi relic French M-51 !
    Semi relic French M-51 !
    Semi relic French M-51 !
    Semi relic French M-51 !
    Semi relic French M-51 !

Default Re: Semi relic French M-51 !

nice salty period lid opex ,one of the earliest ive seen ,i also like the large lizzard algerian pattern camo it rests on ,im being nosey here but what is it a jacket? ,thanks for sharing ,james

?

Default Re: Semi relic French M-51 !

Quote by col james View Post
    nice salty period lid opex ,one of the earliest ive seen ,i also like the large lizzard algerian pattern camo it rests on ,im being nosey here but what is it a jacket? ,thanks for sharing ,james

Thanks for looking James, I am pleased to own such an early model of the OTAN, it's the earliest one I own so far,and would like to source a 1952 model complete with liner ( and preferably with the bale/chinstrap still attached)

The Lizard Print camo, is an Algerian period shelter half,and looks super bright in the sunshine,which makes me wonder how effective it would have been in Algerian sun...very bright I guess??

Thanks again Buddy

helmets that show weathering field use look much more interesting, it would make an excellent display to use for Algerian period

looks like a battlefield pick up and the missing chin strap could be from battle damage

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    helmets that show weathering field use look much more interesting, it would make an excellent display to use for Algerian period

looks like a battlefield pick up and the missing chin strap could be from battle damage
    Many thanks BG,I forgot I posted this example up, I agree that helmets with this type of weathering are much more interesting than crisp versions. The missing bale can only be assumed as being battle damage, I have many M-51's but this is the only one with this extent of faults.