Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Some of my latest steel helmet pick ups

Article about: My WW2 greek helmet and UN begian blue UNIFIL helmet in nice used condition both interesting helmets the last photo it looks great next to my other Dutch UN helmet a handsome couple. The inn

Default Some of my latest steel helmet pick ups

My WW2 greek helmet and UN begian blue UNIFIL helmet in nice used condition both interesting helmets the last photo it looks great next to my other Dutch UN helmet a handsome couple. The inner helmet is fragile though, I really need to watch out when I handle it. Some of my latest steel helmet pick upsSome of my latest steel helmet pick upsSome of my latest steel helmet pick upsSome of my latest steel helmet pick ups Here is a red cross helmet from Hungary, can anyone tell a bit more about the red cross? I know that the US WW2 m1 helmet had these type of red crosses painted on the helmets but I could not discover about the M50 model that I have. Is the red cross just extra make up to sell better? or is it real?
    Some of my latest steel helmet pick upsSome of my latest steel helmet pick upsSome of my latest steel helmet pick ups And my dutch helmet M34 helmet it has 3 layers of paint inside you can see the original paint then a greyish green layer and there over olive green paint. Its hard to get it on a photo but theres a oval shape on the front of the helmet, almost sure that there was a lion badge on this helmet long time ago.Some of my latest steel helmet pick upsSome of my latest steel helmet pick upsSome of my latest steel helmet pick ups My italian M33 helmet 2 holes up in front of the helmet I guess it was for the spanisch bird helmet badge I doubt about the sticker that is placed over it, I am planning to get it off. What do you guys think or is it a part of its history? as far as I know the italian soldiers never used stickers on their helmets. Theres also a extra layer of paint don't know what to think about that the original is right under that layer should I clean it off as well? Well thats it for now... Some of my latest steel helmet pick upsSome of my latest steel helmet pick upsSome of my latest steel helmet pick upsSome of my latest steel helmet pick upsSome of my latest steel helmet pick ups
    Again it makes a nice couple next to the post war M33

Default Re: Some of my latest steel helmet pick ups

Well, you are not short of money, are you?!?!?! Some of those helmets can be - usually are - quite expensive. Or maybe you are just damned lucky!

Your Belgian M51 is *not* a UN helmet - that blue is the standard colour of liners and shells as used by the Belgian Air Force. And you are right, there would have been an oval lion badge on your Dutch helmet.

But an interesting set of new additions. Happiness, I am sure.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Well, you are not short of money, are you?!?!?! Some of those helmets can be - usually are - quite expensive. Or maybe you are just damned lucky!

Your Belgian M51 is *not* a UN helmet - that blue is the standard colour of liners and shells as used by the Belgian Air Force. And you are right, there would have been an oval lion badge on your Dutch helmet.

But an interesting set of new additions. Happiness, I am sure.
    Well I guess I am just lucky then, because I have to be careful what I do with my money. And thanks for lighting it up for me so it does not have to do with the UN but with the ABL AirForce. Yeah the lion helmet badge form is visible vaguely underneath the last layer of paint.

Thanks for your thoughts Grag

Greetzzz

?

You have picked up some nice additions HC.
    I am not sure about the medics cross though.

Brad.

Really loving your collection! looks fantastic.

Vicky

some great new additions hc always a pleasure to view ,i think the italians used stencils as opposed to stickers on the m33
    Regards James

?

Beautiful examples, I particularly like the Italian model.