MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

South Korean export helmet

Article about: Hello all, Got this one at a militaria fair yesterday. The seller had no real idea what kind of helmet so I picked it up relatively cheap. After closer inspection I noticed the 2 rivets on e

Default South Korean export helmet

Hello all,

Got this one at a militaria fair yesterday. The seller had no real idea what kind of helmet so I picked it up relatively cheap.
    After closer inspection I noticed the 2 rivets on each side that have no use. There is sand paint under the green and maybe a ?red logo? on the back. It's a South Korean production but the liner and chinstrap are different so I think it's an export helmet.
    Feel free to leave comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture South Korean export helmet   South Korean export helmet  

South Korean export helmet   South Korean export helmet  

Default Re: South Korean export helmet

I think its a Iraqi style helmet

That was my initial idea when I purchased this lid. But I haven't found a helmet with the same kind of webbing.

Hi Mate.

It certainly looks like my Iraqi lid, but the webbing liner is not at all the same, it may well be an initial supply lid, these lid's were bought and sold, in and around the South Korean export market, quite a few nations took these on ,including old saddam.

So my guess,and this is not based on any thing,other than an educated guess , would be an Original Korean supplied model,not adjusted for local conditions. e.g. Iraqi M80.

But like you, I would like to know,more of this lids history.

Thanks for sharing

Indeed this is a quite interesting lid. I can count 4 different layers of paint in total!
    The liner looks like the one fixed in this M1 helmet.>> .: Casque Singapourien modle M-1 :.

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    Indeed this is a quite interesting lid. I can count 4 different layers of paint in total!
    The liner looks like the one fixed in this M1 helmet.>> .: Casque Singapourien modle M-1 :.
    Hi Mate.

I think you might be onto something there, very similiar.

Here's my Iraqi M80,which has the US 72 ,removable cradle.

Completely different, Hmmm...the mystery deepens,I like these situactions where,reasearch is needed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture South Korean export helmet   South Korean export helmet  

South Korean export helmet