Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Helmet?

Article about: Could someone tell me if this is a Soviet, Polish or Czech helmet, and what if possible when it was first issued. Unfortunately there are no stamps or markings of any kind. Thanks in advance

Default Soviet Helmet?

Could someone tell me if this is a Soviet, Polish or Czech helmet, and what if possible when it was first issued. Unfortunately there are no stamps or markings of any kind.

Thanks in advance

Francie

?

Default Re: Soviet Helmet?

For sure it's one of Soviet sattelites, but for sure is not a Soviet helmet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Polpara
    ?

My best guess would be an early Czech helmet. There were some very slight differences in the dome shapes among those produced in the Warsaw Pact nations, the shape here along with the chin strap seem to be very typical of Czech helmets though I could be wrong.

Smile Hungarian model 50

http://www.pottia.net/pottia/potat/343.htm

looks like the Hungarian model 50

notice the D shaped loops for the leather chin straps are the same and the cotton padding also the same or very similiar

also the side view shows the distinctive flat visor that looks just like the Hungarian model 50
    Attached Images Attached Images Soviet Helmet?  Soviet Helmet?  Soviet Helmet?  Soviet Helmet? 

That's like it alright, cheers.

Francie.

Smile Re: Soviet Helmet?

Quote by Francie View Post
    That's like it alright, cheers.

Francie.
    the black rectangular shaped metal buckle and the leather straps also look the same

these were probably made by different factories and could have minor differences in materials / colors, etc.