Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

soviet Ssh 40

Article about: here's my post ww2 model 40 it has a faint 1948 stamp i have fitted the latter dubrok (little oak )flora russian ground troops cover ,the elasticated foliage bands are not symetrical and slo

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks opex and fabe thanks very much for clearing up the hungarian theory ,if anybody knows its you sir
    I have a Hungarian M50,so can see why your's raised this question, but I also do not think it is a Hungarian model

thank you for your thoughts opex i always trust your opinion

I like the coat pocket repair, helmets with crude field repairs are unusual and interesting to find, Ive seen some with old upholstery materials used for liner repairs.

nice field used helmet

thank you BG in your opinion would you say this is from soviet clothing? ,its a very clever field repair ,i didnt realise what was used until i folded it back ,but it works a treat ,thanks james

thank you BG in your opinion would you say this is from soviet clothing? ,its a very clever field repair ,i didnt realise what was used until i folded it back ,but it works a treat ,thanks james
    the pocket design looks like it could be from a russian work shirt? or possibly from another country that may have used this helmet, maybe even Afghanistan? hard to tell unless you know where the helmet was found.

thats a very good point BG i never thought of that ,it might very well of seen use in the middle east for all i know ,the shell is showing a lot of paint loss and also the chinstrap shows aging that might be caused by extreme temperature conditions ,unfortunately the previous owner passed away so i can only speculate where its been in its long life

?

thank you for your thoughts opex i always trust your opinion
    Your most welcome,thanks buddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12