Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spanish M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.

Article about: Hi Guys, thought you might like to see my Spanish M1 - Helmet Brigada Paracaidista, it's a mix of origins, but I have been assured it is a genuine Marine helmet, and not a put together. But

?

Default Spanish M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.

Hi Guys, thought you might like to see my Spanish M1 - Helmet Brigada Paracaidista, it's a mix of origins, but I have been assured it is a genuine Marine helmet, and not a put together. But an eclectic piece nevertheless.

The shell is an ex US WW2 Front seam , the liner is 1950's West German,Shubert Werk Braunshweig made. The liner has the Spanish specific leather cradle , and chinstraps fitted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01546.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	440194

Name:	DSC01544.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	440191

Name:	DSC01551.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	440193

Name:	DSC01550.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	440192

?

Default Re: Spanish M1 - Brigada Paracaidista.

Thanks for showing, now that is one I never knew about.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I wish I could find one of those for my collection, they are not very easy to find , I wonder why they are so hard to get?

it's a interesting M1 varient

cool helmet

very nice example opex ,i must add one of these to my collection one day if possible , i like the detachable headband/liner

Hola! Muy interesante. Hmm, better stop before I exhaust my Spanish. Now, this is a good helmet and I have more than once failed to get one of these on eBay. They're certainly not especially common, as mentioned; I think that's down to general Spanish policy in not wholesaleing out their ex-army junk. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, more interesting is that I have always been under the impression, bolstered by Joseba's info here - ESPAOL INFANTERA DE MARINA - that this ia a Marine Infantry rather than paratroop issue. Whichever, its definately one missing from my postwar Spanish collection. Missed another one on eBay just a couple of weeks ago, actually. One more thing - I don;t think I had realised until seeing your siamounted example that the while leather element is actualy overlaid on the original liner webbing. Sometimes you can look but you can't see. Is your liner actually marked as Schuberth manufacture? That might imply it was originally in an M56. Apart from the specifically Spanish chinstraps and that leather liner/headband these really are made up out of leftovers. Wow.

?

Many thanks for looking Andy, when I purchased it I was amazed by the different parts to make a whole,bit Like lego but cooler.

Thanks Opex.

?

Thanks for looking and the comments BG, I have no idea why they are not more available on the surplus market???

Thanks

Opex

?

Cheers James, the detachable headband is quite unique, and I must say when I popped the lid on my head, it did make an already stable M1 even more stable, maybe this was a Para specific usage feature?

Thanks Mate.

?

Thanks Greg, the liner was originally a West German M-56 liner, which I understand are quite rare in themselves, a WG M-56 is one of my "wishlist" lids in itself.

Hopefully from the pic's supplied the makers mark is fairly clearish!

Name:	DSC01553.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	440856

Name:	DSC01552.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	440857

Thanks for looking, I am genuinely surprised at the level of interest in this one, and as a result very pleased..cheers Opex.

?

Wow that's a different liner set up for sure.
    That leather insert is really cool!
    Thanks for showing another of these M1 variants Opex.

Brad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast