Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish M26 helmet

Article about: Hi guys here is a helmet I picked up in Germany a long time ago. It is a Spanish M26 Casco Con Ala ('with wings') falred rim and also known as the Trubia which was the second pattern of helm

Default Spanish M26 helmet

Hi guys here is a helmet I picked up in Germany a long time ago. It is a Spanish M26 Casco Con Ala ('with wings') flared rim and also known as the Trubia which was the second pattern of helmet after the M26 Sin Ala ('without wings') no flare of the rim. This particular helmet I have has been repainted and fitted with a mount to support the francoist helmet badge. As you can see inside of the helmet in the dome retains its original factory paint. You can see on the liner and chin strap where they accidentally got paint on during its refurb. The liner has what appears to be a name written on it J.CELABERT. It also has J.G.O. written on the liner band and on the liner tongue PRM. Shows the possibility of 3 different wearers of this helmet. Thanks for looking guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish M26 helmet   Spanish M26 helmet  

Spanish M26 helmet   Spanish M26 helmet  

Last edited by Redstalker; 01-31-2016 at 06:28 PM.

A superb example ian ,thanks for sharing my example shows the original early paint finish but only visible inside the liner area ,ive often been tempted to strip back the glossy repaint to original ,i guess i would then have to remove the bracket too ,a lot of trouble so ill leave it be ,the previous owner warned me it was stored in an out building and mice had made a nest in the liner ,this damage is apparent on one of the tongue's as there is a section missing ,nice your liner has some personal penmanship too