MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spanish m35 helmet?

Article about: Hi, thanks for the info on the clone M42, i havent had them for years so prob, wrong they are still very plentifull over here, so maybe cheaper. dave.

Default Spanish m35 helmet?

I picked this up at a car boot sale last weekend, paid £8.00 for it. The seller wanted £10 but I knocked him down. It seems original, I don't think there are any repro versions available. I only question the originality as the liner is in near pristine condition. Maybe too pristine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish m35 helmet?   Spanish m35 helmet?  

?

Default Re: Spanish m35 helmet?

Not an M35, looks like an early Spanish version of the German helmet!

An M35 should have a rolled edge, this one has a sharp edge, it should only have 3 mounting pins for the liner, this one has more.

It is true the Germans issued M35's with the front lug attached to the spaniards, but the spaniards then produced their own version, of lesser quality. and these are characterised by sharp edges, not rolled, and a liner system that required more than the three pins the German helmets had
    Last edited by qotd; 01-25-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Hi,
    As said not german just spanish, it is all original they still wear them in the early eighties,
    It is just the same shape as the german helmet. i think it is the 27 Patt, I was on the border guard in Gibraltar early eighties and they had them then. they were a scuffy bunch of soldiers.
    dave.

There are no markings in the helmet, the paint isnt thick and looks to be just the one coat. I've seen war time Spanish helmets before but with a totally different liner: canvas and leather and not fixed to the shell. This liner looks like a ww1 German or Swedish liner but it obviously belongs with this shell as its riveted in place.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    As said not german just spanish, it is all original they still wear them in the early eighties,
    It is just the same shape as the german helmet. i think it is the 27 Patt, I was on the border guard in Gibraltar early eighties and they had them then. they were a scuffy bunch of soldiers.
    dave.
    Thats great. Thanks for the info. I didn't think it was a German helmet, just not seen this liner in a Spanish helmet before. Spanish stuff is not my thing, just picked it up as it seemed cheap.

Hi,
    Yeah i dont blame you it was cheap, i have had a couple of these but passed them on as they dont interest me, the liner in yours is the same as i had. they must have changed them at some time,
    but for 8 quid you cant go wrong.
    Dave.

Ive spent an hour looking this helmet up and some sites say its an m42 clone or 'Modello Z' helmet first issued in 1943. Spanish made, they were manufactured using machinary donated by Germany. The liner is the same as used in earlier Spanish helmets. in 1971 the liners were changed to a canvas and leather system. I'm done with it now. Time to 'pass it on' to a Spanish helmet collector.

?

This is the type of liner in my Spanish helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish m35 helmet?  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Exclamation Re: Spanish m35 helmet?

hello, yours is the early version with all leather liner, these are worth alot more than you paid, Ive seen these sell for around $75 - $100 in the USA on ebay

the local antique store had one for $100 and somebody bought it

Quote by battle gear View Post
    hello, yours is the early version with all leather liner, these are worth alot more than you paid, Ive seen these sell for around $75 - $100 in the USA on ebay

the local antique store had one for $100 and somebody bought it
    This is good news! I guess they are more valuable because the liner hasn't been changed to the later system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast