Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Marine M1.

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors, here's a Spanish Marine M1 from my collection. An interesting piece from the point of view of the parts used to create this Helmet, The liner is a West German Shubert W

?

Default Spanish Marine M1.

Hi Fellow collectors, here's a Spanish Marine M1 from my collection. An interesting piece from the point of view of the parts used to create this Helmet, The liner is a West German Shubert Werk Braunshweig Model M56, the shell a US Front seam
    ( heat stamp 121A) all cobbled together to create this helmet, I am aware the West German's supplied the M56 to Spain, so that might explain the liner in this example. The Leather headband cradle and chinstraps are typically Spanish additions. Feel free to comment,and thanks for looking ,Opex.

Spanish Marine M1.
    Spanish Marine M1.
    Spanish Marine M1.
    Spanish Marine M1.
    Spanish Marine M1.
    Spanish Marine M1.
    Spanish Marine M1.
    Spanish Marine M1.
    Spanish Marine M1.
    Spanish Marine M1.
    Spanish Marine M1.

JBR
    ?

Very nice, Opex! I'd like to find one of these myself. Good clear pics, too. Much appreciated. Best Regards, John

?

Quote by JBR View Post
    Very nice, Opex! I'd like to find one of these myself. Good clear pics, too. Much appreciated. Best Regards, John

Many thanks for the compliment John, much appreciated. This one was a complete bonus buy at the time as I had absolutely no idea what I was purchasing at the time

Hi Opex,

A great helmet! I have not seen many of these at all. I love the kharki coloured material chinstrap! I have been looking for these to compliment my Nato clones, no luck so far.

Kind regards

?

Quote by christek View Post
    Hi Opex,

A great helmet! I have not seen many of these at all. I love the kharki coloured material chinstrap! I have been looking for these to compliment my Nato clones, no luck so far.

Kind regards

Many thanks for looking, I assume they are quite scarce. I managed to source this one from ebay, and to be honest I did not realise what it was at the time,so I just got lucky.

Regards,Opex.