Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

spanish modelo 7

Article about: hi i got this a few years ago for a whopping 25 dollars including shipping i know its spanish but i dont know how ot date them as they used them for such a long period of time anyways just t

Default spanish modelo 7

hi i got this a few years ago for a whopping 25 dollars including shipping i know its spanish but i dont know how ot date them as they used them for such a long period of time anyways just thought id grab any input i can get to enlighten me cheers in advance lads
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture spanish modelo 7   spanish modelo 7  

spanish modelo 7   spanish modelo 7  

?

Default Re: spanish modelo 7

I beleive these were used up until the 70's, they seem to have flooded the market, I have seen a lot of these in disposal stores here in Oz, they usuaully gor for a bout AU$ 20-30. One of these was my first helmet and in my youthful exuberence I stripped it back, filled in all the wrong hole, replaced the liner with a repro German one and painted and decaled it up as a black SS parade helmet!!!! I couldnt afford a real german shell at the time and i was so proud of it! My dad now has it and it has fooled a lot of people who think its a real German Helmet, though he does tell them it is totaly inaccurate! The liner in your helmet looks a little different to mine but is of the same basic web design. I would say it was a 70's model going by the liner, but ,ore experienced members will know more.

?

The shells look similar in design, however the rim of the shell is not rolled or flared as German helemts were, these tend to just be a straight cut. Amnd the steel used is not the same quality as a german shell, Also the fact the liner is held in by 7 rather than 3 pins is another deviation from the German design. I have seen these on ebay claimiing they were made by the Germans in Germany and given to the spanish, I understand this to be false. The germans did initially send a batch of German made M35's with the front lug attached, and the Spanish copied the design and mde their own. I have seen the spanish used M35's but they are rare and a tad on the expensive size. If I have given false info here, I am sure one of the more experienced memebrs will fill in the details for you.

yeah a bit more looking around and its a 1975 issue modelo Z 42/79 the giveaway is the later internal helmet suspension harness apparently

?

Quote by qotd View Post
    The shells look similar in design, however the rim of the shell is not rolled or flared as German helemts were, these tend to just be a straight cut. Amnd the steel used is not the same quality as a german shell, Also the fact the liner is held in by 7 rather than 3 pins is another deviation from the German design. I have seen these on ebay claimiing they were made by the Germans in Germany and given to the spanish, I understand this to be false. The germans did initially send a batch of German made M35's with the front lug attached, and the Spanish copied the design and mde their own. I have seen the spanish used M35's but they are rare and a tad on the expensive size. If I have given false info here, I am sure one of the more experienced memebrs will fill in the details for you.
    Indeed the quality is worse and also it's much thinner. And the ballistic effects of the design aren't that good to begin with, so the helmet offered really crappy protection. Also the original liner offered barely no space between the shell and the skull. (Minumum space should be one finger in between)

dumb question time, what is the bracket on the front for?, really I don't know.thanks for any answer.

?

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    dumb question time, what is the bracket on the front for?, really I don't know.thanks for any answer.
    To wear the Spanish eagle on parades: http://www.quanonline.com/military/m...os/spanish.jpg

The bracket is there to accomodate the Spanish arms

Have a look at Joseba's site. Gives answers to all questions.

ESPAÑOL Z 42

Cheers,
    Emile

Quote by Engman View Post
    To wear the Spanish eagle on parades: http://www.quanonline.com/military/m...os/spanish.jpg
    oh man, really I feel dumb, I saw a bunch of medal like igsignia's for sale, now I know what they were, it said for helmets & I was like what?, thank you sir, I appreciate you lighting up my ignorance. ok I mean thank both of you.