Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

swedish m21/18

Article about: here's a helmet ive been after for a while and they dont seem to come along very often ,this is the second pattern model 21 designed in 1918 ,this is my first double decal helmet these indic

Default swedish m21/18

here's a helmet ive been after for a while and they dont seem to come along very often ,this is the second pattern model 21 designed in 1918 ,this is my first double decal helmet these indicate refurbished in 1942 the only bad point is a section of the chinstrap and buckle is missing i also picked up one of these m60 hjalmdok covers well i think thats how its spelt this one is the first type with buttons not velcro and is dated 1968 ,the netting is heavy gauge and has a double drawstring arrangement which once you get the hang of it secures very tightly to the helmet ,i must add that this cover will be placed upon a later model 26 but for now its sits on this model swedish m21/18swedish m21/18swedish m21/18swedish m21/18swedish m21/18swedish m21/18swedish m21/18swedish m21/18swedish m21/18swedish m21/18swedish m21/18swedish m21/18swedish m21/18swedish m21/18
    Regards James

just looking over the decals and can in fact see more decals underneath them ,it might explain the dark green repaint over the lighter green
    Regards James

Default Swedish M21/18

Good find JC

here's my Swedish M21/18 "high dome" with double decals , probably used during the same time period as your helmet.

swedish m21/18
    swedish m21/18swedish m21/18

very nice example you have there BG ,i reckon your right to the same time frame ,they also have a similar worn patina to the paint work ,im really pleased with the cover and it really displays well ,im just waiting on a model 26 to throw it on nowswedish m21/18
    Regards James

?

That hat cover for the helmet is bloody awesome.
    Love it!!
    I just got a M26, Now I need the cover, ha ha.

The paint is flaking just like my one. Love the helmet cover on your one looks the bee's knee's

Sorry James I'm a bit late on this one! nice one Mate

Quote by Danger View Post
    That hat cover for the helmet is bloody awesome.
    Love it!!
    I just got a M26, Now I need the cover, ha ha.
    hi danger ,yes mate its a cool looking cover but a nightmare to fit ,it has an inner and outer drawstring which sandwiches the rim but untill you get the right tightness it pings off

Quote by Redstalker View Post
    The paint is flaking just like my one. Love the helmet cover on your one looks the bee's knee's
    thanks ian ,these can be found on ebay uk ,i think sir frankish sells them for a fiver a pop ,worth buying one ,just go for the earlier buttoned type as opposed the velcro fastener

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Sorry James I'm a bit late on this one! nice one Mate
    cheers Rene' mate ,better late than never ,i still chuckle when i think of how you aquired your instant collection of swedish helm's ,any chance you could burn me a copy