Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swedish M26 and Finnish used M26 possibly?

Article about: I got these Swedish M26 helmets, I think the green one is Finnish used, and I'm not sure about the other one. The grey one has a stamp on a liner pad that says Lsa, and one of a crown in a c

Default Swedish M26 and Finnish used M26 possibly?

I got these Swedish M26 helmets, I think the green one is Finnish used, and I'm not sure about the other one.

The grey one has a stamp on a liner pad that says Lsa, and one of a crown in a circle, with "TV" under it, and it says 212 on the chinstrap.
    I have no idea what both the Lsa and TV stamp mean, do any of you guys have an idea?
    None of my other Swedish helmets have a marking like this, just an M21-18 with unit markings which look way different.

Swedish M26 and Finnish used M26 possibly?Swedish M26 and Finnish used M26 possibly?Swedish M26 and Finnish used M26 possibly?Swedish M26 and Finnish used M26 possibly?Swedish M26 and Finnish used M26 possibly?Swedish M26 and Finnish used M26 possibly?

Hello Michel ,Good to see you here ,I have no idea on the markings I'm afraid but your in the right place for advice ,i like the overall used appearance of these two examples ,Thanks for posting

Thanks! I figured I'd branch out a bit from the 2 forums I regularly go too, and since this one has quite a big helmet area, it piqued my interest!

I got these helmets together with the SSh40 in the other thread for an extremely low price that I couldn't pass up, even though I already have another
    Swedish M26, and have already sold yet another one a while ago. If the markings on this grey one turn out to be something nice, I'd know I can sell
    my other one, as it has practically no markings, other than the normal shellsize stamp

Michel ,try out the search function if you haven't already that is ,there are a fair few threads ongoing here on the subject ,perhaps one of these can help you in some way Swedish M26 Swedish Helmets

I can't help you with the LSA and TV but I took the freedom to post your pics on a Swedish forum.
    The forum can be very slow but who knows, someone maybe can help you. I will check the thread from time to time and see if there is any news.

One member wrote that the helmet seems to belong to the "Luftskyddsinspektionen".
    I think that roughly can be translated to the Home guard air defense.

Here you go:
    Hj

/ Kenny

Thanks, you posted the outside of one helmet, and the inside of the other though

Quote by Michelwijnand View Post
    Thanks, you posted the outside of one helmet, and the inside of the other though
    Oh, sorry

Another member on the Swedish forum wrote this:

TV can be for "Televerket"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Televerket_(Sweden)

They had own ramparts,helmets etc. I have a M37 which is stamped with Televerket.

Great, thanks!
    Quite interesting, a company like that with such helmets

Not at all uncommon to find companies like Televerket using military helmets.
    A very Scandinavian thing. In Denmark a number of companies were issued helmets from army stocks, and special "civil defence" helmets produced by the army, as an air raid precaution.

The post service, schools, the national telegraph and telephone company, FDB and many other private, public and semi-public enterprises received military and civil defence equipment in order to prepare for the inevitable air raids that everyone expected had to come at the hands of the allied on German installations in Denmark. Post war, they kept much of the equipment and was kept updated during the entire Cold War. A country needs to function - even when disaster strikes, and telecommunication, post and other "core services" need to work in order to keep society running.

-----------------------------

As to your helmets. The colour on the first indeed looks very "Finish", but it is almost impossible to know if your helmet is not stamp with the [SA] stamp. The green colour (albeit a bit darker) was also used by the Swedish defence in the 1960s and to the end of the steel helmet era in the 1990s.

The stamps in the other helmet is another matter. The number could be a seemingly strait forward example of a "shelf number". To keep track on the different helmets in stock, and to whom it belonged / was loaned to. I have no clue about LSA stamp - could be liner manufacturer?
    But, I too believe the TV stamp is the Swedish Televerket - the state run company responsible for all of the telecommunication network in Sweden - up until 1993. When you think about, it makes perfect sense that a company like that should be able to work under adverse conditions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast