Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

swiss helmets

Article about: here's my two examples from switzerland an m18/40 or is it just an m40 im never too sure ,it has the reversable camo cover and also my m1971 ,both are very unusual and quite striking in desi

Default swiss helmets

here's my two examples from switzerland an m18/40 or is it just an m40 im never too sure ,it has the reversable camo cover and also my m1971 ,both are very unusual and quite striking in design ,plus they really do sit well on display without any suport required ,both have a small id disc wire wrapped to the liner ,as a collector of world helmets i can honestly say i dont know why its taken me so long to pick up these two but they have been on my distant want list for as long as i can remember ,perhaps im mopping up on the ones ive missed anyway im glad i did and really pleased to have them on the shelf swiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmetsswiss helmets

Very nice Helmets James,I've always believed the original M18 design came off the back of the many late and post WW1 US experimental Helmets like the deep salade,very similar features,thanks for showing mate...........

thanks jake ,i agree with you on similarities to the us experimental helmet ,ive just checked the m71 and found the shell stamped bt83 so manufactured 1983

Great pair of lids mate and i love the camo covers, i don't think i've seen an M71 before!...

?

Nice additions to your collection friend. I like the camo covers.

Default my swiss helmet

heres my M18/40 with the early full ring liner as used on the M18 and also has the round white disc with the soldier's name

"MAAG HEINZ"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture swiss helmets   swiss helmets  

swiss helmets  

many thanks paul,steve and battlegear for your nice comments , the m71 is one strange and interesting shape ,kind of if it is hard to know which is the front to the back if you know what i mean ,my thoughts on the m18 and dont forget im a 70's child so dont laugh is the similarities to the starwars darth vader helmet perhaps it was the influence more so than the german stahlhelms ,im a real fan of camo and camo covered helmets so it was great to bring these to the fold ,the reversable m18 cover is interesting as its another variation of the strichtarn/raindrop pattern the other side is very much a subtle subdued kind of brush stroke effect and as its my favorite so im displaying it this way ,thanks again gents ,james

Quote by battle gear View Post
    heres my M18/40 with the early full ring liner as used on the M18 and also has the round white disc with the soldier's name

"MAAG HEINZ"
    very nice example BG so yours is the earlier model and very nice too ,can i ask is that a swiss compass below the helmet ? thanks for sharing and always a pleasure to hear from you sir ,regards james

yes, it's a Swiss Army Sitometer mfg by Buchi Bern, it's a compass as well as an instrument for measuring horizontal and vertical angles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture swiss helmets  

thanks for explaining BG in more detail ,its an interesting addition

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast