Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Switzerland M18 Helmet

Article about: Hey Guys, Any thoughts on this? All original? What would be the market value today? I'm biding for this, just wondering how far should I go. According to Brendon's site , looks pretty good -

?

Default Switzerland M18 Helmet

Hey Guys,

Any thoughts on this? All original? What would be the market value today? I'm biding for this, just wondering how far should I go. According to "Brendon's site", looks pretty good - and pre 1944...?
    Switzerland M18 - Brendon's Helmets

THX - Fabe

Switzerland M18 HelmetSwitzerland M18 HelmetSwitzerland M18 HelmetSwitzerland M18 HelmetSwitzerland M18 HelmetSwitzerland M18 HelmetSwitzerland M18 Helmet

This one is a M18/40. I think they were made until mid 50s?

My advice, do not go over 50-55 euros max.
    Its not worth more than that.

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Nuno

?

Thanks guys...

Fabe, I do hope you managed to get that helmet, .... it looks like a nice example of the M18 - the clues being the circlet liner band and the green paint remaining in the crown. The complete circle liner band is specific (I believe) to the M18, and only M18 (and early production M18/40) were ever painted green as the regulation for repainting in that peculiar Swiss 'shadow black' (which looks either dark grey or black, depending) came into force in 1943.

Anyway, does anyone have idea about this. I believe it to be a M18 with the 1943 repaint (see green remaining in the bowl of the helmet), which is all well and good. (Although it would be nice if it were dated somewhere anywhere - but then hardly any Swiss helmets I have ever had hand and eye carry a date anywehere.) What puzzles me is the stencilled cross and number in the inside rear. I'm familiar with the usual P or A or F plus number markings, but this one is entirely new to me and a riffle through the books and websites has not helped. Obviously its a Swiss cross, but what does it represent in this case? And why the number?

There must be a serious Swiss collector here, surely?

Switzerland M18 Helmet Switzerland M18 Helmet

Switzerland M18 Helmet

I also like the helmet, it's an earlier M18 thats been refinished during WWII , you can still see the original paint inside and the older type full ring liner

if I was looking for one of these I would buy that one