Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tap 56

Article about: I've been looking for an unmolested french airborne helmet for many years now so was really pleased to find this salty example ,all original including the chinstrap which i should say is in

Default Tap 56

I've been looking for an unmolested french airborne helmet for many years now so was really pleased to find this salty example ,all original including the chinstrap which i should say is in a delicate way but i can live with that ,reproduction replacements are readily available but my own thoughts are they have no place over originality no matter what the condition hence the reason it took me so long ,just to give some form to the 3 point strap ive carefully stitched a length of thread where the missing webbing section should be ,the liner is dated bang on the nail at 1956 and has number 9 engraved in the side ? ,the battered and bruised shell shows a carpentier cusset maker mark paint remnant i can only speculate this too will be 1956 dated Tap 56Tap 56Tap 56Tap 56Tap 56Tap 56Tap 56Tap 56Tap 56Tap 56Tap 56Tap 56

the M56 TAP helmets seem kind of scarce? I see plenty of the standard ground troops Mle 51 helmets, but hardly ever see the M56 TAP airborne versions for sale.

I found mine by luck, the seller sold it as a surplus Belgian helmet and had poor photos that didnt show it was the M56 TAP unless you looked very carefully at the poor auction photos to see it had para 3 point straps.

Thanks BG ,yes your right ,most if not all have a repo chinstrap which was the reason it took my so long to find a rather worn out original ,the repo's are not really my cup of tea you had a lucky score there on finding your example ,good to hear from you

Cool find James!....

Fake!
    More rubbish that ya collect

Nice original helmet!

Thanks Paul ,Rene' and steve Rene' after your appraisal on this latest junk offering ive decided to sling it in the bin ,collection day tommorow might have to slip the dustman a few quid to take though

Well you already know my thoughts mate,top rare bird to snag,concrats James.

cheers rudder's

Quote by James C View Post
    Thanks Paul ,Rene' and steve Rene' after your appraisal on this latest junk offering ive decided to sling it in the bin ,collection day tommorow might have to slip the dustman a few quid to take though
    Good Move James hehehe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast