Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are these helmets legit?

Article about: Those look really nice, thanks for posting.I've never seen an actual Norwegian re-issue before. If the ones that IMA was selling looked like yours I'd jump on them...but unfortunately they h

Default Are these helmets legit?

I was reading Military History magazine in school the other day and in the "Marketplace" section and this site came up www.ima-usa.com...It seems that these "orginal" helmets are a little to cheap...

I was wondering if you guys think these are legit?

Original Military Helmets - International Military Antiques

?

Default Re: Are these helmets legit?

WOW...your right, they are cheap.

They say there helmets (the German ones) were from stockpiles from Norway that were reused post war, that was done. [ Last month while watching the news I saw a news clip from a small South American country and there firemen were still using these helmets. ] There claiming there "Original" so it would really burn them if they were the Spanish ones . I've forgotten the liner pin and vent hole positions, but I'm sure we have an expert here that know that.

As for the tanker helmets, I'm sure the British unload whole bins of outdated stuff like this at salvage auctions for little of nothing same as here in the U.S..

Looks like a good deal to me...unless someone else has delt with them and knows different.

neil

You need to read the descriptions of these very carefully. Most are repaints and many are not as acually described, such as the "Soviet" helmet which is in fact, Czech.

Be careful.

Cheers, Ade.

I have noticed from reading and re-reading the descriptions that they are mostly re-painted, refurbished with new leather liner and chin strap, and repaired..

Thanks Ade

?

Nice catch on the Czech helmets, I missed that one compleatly.

neil

?

Refurbished and repainted. (the German ones)

So the actual helmets then would be genuine. Right?

neil

Yes, the helmets are original, but restored.

Cheers, Ade.

I wouldn't spent a penny on all of these. F.e. the Swiss m18 'prescribed as m1916 helmet' is genuine but overpriced. What has Darth Vader got to do with this helmet btw.

Be aware that the Nowegians used a pick-axe to put a hole in the front of the helmet as they de-militarized them. In one of the photos on the IMA website you can see them, although IMA tries to patch them with a weld. You have to be a bit weary of many IMA offerings...they tend to stretch the truth in their advertising. Personally, I'd recommend
    shopping around somewhere else first, and save yourself from a big disappointment.

Here are 2 of my Norwegian post war helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these helmets legit?   Are these helmets legit?  

Are these helmets legit?   Are these helmets legit?  

Are these helmets legit?   Are these helmets legit?  

Are these helmets legit?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast