Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!

Article about: Hello, gentlemen. I acquired this lid this week, saving it from the trash pile. The liner dates 1953. I do know much about U.S. Army helmets, especially from the Korean War era, so your inpu

?

Default U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!

Hello, gentlemen. I acquired this lid this week, saving it from the trash pile. The liner dates 1953. I do know much about U.S. Army helmets, especially from the Korean War era, so your input would be most appreciated and applauded. This lid, I must say, is in pretty decent shape. Sadly, I cannot read anything written on the shell anymore but the liner chin strap has 1953 on it (the photos make it look like 1963 but holding the lid I swear it says 1953). Apparently, it has been sitting in a house in Florida for decades (I work DoD here in Germany and a husband of a lady I work with passed away and she has been giving me his military items from their homes in Germany and Florida. It's mostly Vietnam/1980's uniforms and items but a few really interesting things have popped up).
    Anyway, it is a bright day in Germany today so I hope the photos are tolerable. Thanks and cheers for any and all information. Prost!

U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!August 2012 077.jpgU.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!August 2012 066.jpgU.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!August 2012 071.jpgU.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!August 2012 085.jpg

?

Default Re: U.S. Army 1953 lid. Help with info, please!

the liner looks to be WW2 to me not a 1950's version but the sweatband & nape strap look to be post war overall the helmets looks to have that 1950's Korean war vibe to it.

The helmet insignia on the left side is US Army Japan (USARJ). The insignia on the right side is IX Corps, which landed at Pusan on 22 September 1950. So, my guess ids that your helmet is a Korean War vintage. Dwight

vintage WW2 rear seam and black steel A washers late war liner reissued and repainted during early 50's should think the set has always been together very nice example indeed my friend,regards dave.

?

Hey, thanks, guys. This lid suddenly became somthing special and now has a grand spot amongst the other lids in my abode. Thanks, Dave. The next beer is in thy honor, sah. I must now go hoist the moist.

?

Superb pick up Srdj, and from a trash pile too, I am amazed!!!

Congrats on picking up this fine 50's example, you scored well.

?

Now that is nice. It just oozes character. I hope you will keep it.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]