Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Uae m1

Article about: by battle gear James C , this camo painted para liner looks like it matches the camo on your helmet set? I think this could also be from the Saudi military? this sold on ebay as a Gulf War b

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    James C , this camo painted para liner looks like it matches the camo on your helmet set? I think this could also be from the Saudi military? this sold on ebay as a Gulf War bring back item

BG, thanks for sharing this example, I have seen the standard middle eastern M1 clones many before, but not a para version!

very nice camo Uae matching M1 set, these are not easy to find with the camo pattern like that , great find!

here is my Chinese export model M1 made for the UAE / Saudis
    post away BG its a pleasure to see your example ,it looks to have the post 64 style liner system ,the tan net looks great

James C , this camo painted para liner looks like it matches the camo on your helmet set? I think this could also be from the Saudi military? this sold on ebay as a Gulf War bring back item
    BG this liner is very much the same pattern camo as found on mine ,at least there is consistency from example to example ,interesting to see the m1c style yokes and chinstrap too ,thanks for sharing,james

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi James, as before really like this helmet a lot and the way it is displayed.

I believe your's is a Saudi issued piece, judging by the camouflage effect, and I like the decking planks that is a very nifty idea to be used as a display stand,cool idea Mate.
    thanks for the nice compliments opex the decking ive found is the most economical way of displaying ,thanks james

ive removed the temporary saudi display and thrown the m1 clone on the shelf amongst the other desert lidsUae m1

Hi BG is there a mold or stamp mark in this saudi liner,just for referance......
    Attached Images Attached Images Uae m1 

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks for the nice compliments opex the decking ive found is the most economical way of displaying ,thanks james
    It's a great idea, and an easily sourced material, thanks for the tip James

here's a picture for you clearly showing the helmet and uniformUae m1

?

Great ref picture James, which makes me wonder if it US issue or locally made copy?

?

Hi fellow collectors ,here's a similar model of this type of helmet from my collection, also supplied by a very generous forum benefactor, thank you again my friend

Of interest is the sweatband buckle arrangement, with the retaining clips of a type I have not seen before, as well as the Riddell style webbing layout, I assume these are a Taiwanese specific design? I have added a Saudi M1 Choc chip cover, and Mitchell cover for comparison of the type of covers worn by Middle eastern Nations on their respective M1 helmets. I will let the pictures show the other small details and features of this fascinating piece, thanks for looking, regards Opex

Uae m1
    Uae m1
    Uae m1
    Uae m1
    Uae m1
    Uae m1
    Uae m1
    Uae m1
    Uae m1
    Uae m1
    Uae m1
    Uae m1