Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Uae m1

Article about: by battle gear James C , this camo painted para liner looks like it matches the camo on your helmet set? I think this could also be from the Saudi military? this sold on ebay as a Gulf War b

Very interesting thread!......

?

René that is indeed a very interesting cover, I cannot place the Greenside but it look's a familiar pattern, but then it has been a long day, either way a piece worthy of intensive study and research

hi James C,

I was curious if the camo stripes on your UAE camo M1 are a brown camo or dark green camo stripe? it kind of looks green from the photos or possibly a dark brown?

thanx

hi battlegear ,the stripes are best described as a russet brown on the shade scale if thats any help mate

Cool

here's a M1 helmet shell that I saw on ebay not long ago from a seller in the UK, I think they said it was Iraqi? but the camo pattern looks similar to your UAE M1 except this one was done with a green camo stripe instead of the russet brown.

it appears to have been done by hand with a paint brush, instead of by spray paint on other examples Ive seen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uae m1   Uae m1  

Uae m1   Uae m1  

?

Hi BG, I have been watching this one myself, personally I do not like the look of this one, the post '73 chinstrap remnants do not fill me with confidence either, without a bombproof provenance I would stay clear of this one...But it is an interesting paint scheme reminiscent of Middle eastern camo schemes!

thanks BG and gary ive been watching this one too ,and allthough tempted could'nt justify the price for just a worn shell ,its been relisted a fair few times now ,im confident its iraqi purely based on earlier iraqi paint schemes using the same style and tan/green colour on there tanks perhaps around the 1970's

Default camo M1 shell

Im convinced it's an authentic Iraqi capture helmet, those post 73 chin straps look like foreign copies, notice the HBT material on the web chin cup? US issue doesnt use HBT on their late issue straps like that, they could be South Korean export or Taiwan mfg or other?

the straps appear to be original to the helmet shell and the paint and aging all matches, Im surprised nobody bought it? they did use those type of post 73 style chin straps in the middle east, the Saudi soldier in this Desert Storm photo has those type of straps on his helmet.

the price isnt bad for a buyer in the UK since they wouldnt have to pay overseas shipping

ebay auction description:

This a used Iraqi camouflage helmet bring back, shell only.

100% genuine.No liner.Iraqi markings. Bit salty and rusty. Intelligence Corps bring back.
    International £25 postage

Please pay Paypal within 3-5 days- UK£, US$ or euros.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uae m1  

great picture battlegear the one thing i did'nt like much was the markings ,they both just seem to fresh for the age and wear ,the insides seem very good condition though so it begs the question how long ago the liner parted company with the shell ,it would still make for a great shelf display though

Quote by James C View Post
    great picture battlegear the one thing i did'nt like much was the markings ,they both just seem to fresh for the age and wear ,the insides seem very good condition though so it begs the question how long ago the liner parted company with the shell ,it would still make for a great shelf display though
    the markings do look kind of recent compared to the rusted metal parts and rest of the shell, but they could have been added later when the last soldier used the helmet, the camo could be left over from the Iran Iraq War then reused in Desert Storm and the markings added at that time? the Gulf Wars are still pretty recent so I wouldnt expect it to look too old

from the bring back helmets Ive seen , the Iraqis would have kept using them until they were worn out, they used some pretty worn out gear in rough condition, the helmet in the discussion could have been used by numerous soldiers, and the last guy that used it probably put his mark or ID number on it.

maybe if the seller would accept a lower offer, then it would be worth getting

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast