Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

UN M58 Austrian Helmet

Article about: Hey Guys - I saw this 1974 made M58 UN helmet, and I really like it...however, I think the liner is missing the chin-strap? What do you guys think about this helmet, how rare are these Austr

?

Default UN M58 Austrian Helmet

Hey Guys -

I saw this 1974 made M58 UN helmet, and I really like it...however, I think the liner is missing the chin-strap?

What do you guys think about this helmet, how rare are these Austrian UN helmets? If the liner missing the chin-strap, is it possible to replace it with an original strap, are the available for sale somewhere?

Cheers,
    Fabe

UN M58 Austrian HelmetUN M58 Austrian HelmetUN M58 Austrian HelmetUN M58 Austrian HelmetUN M58 Austrian HelmetUN M58 Austrian Helmet

?

Anyone?

?

Austrian UN helmets are quite common. Not as common as the standard green versions of course but they do crop up from time to time. The UN decal at the front makes this one more interesting than the norm however. The liner chinstrap is the same as on the army version, black leather with a brass buckle. I have hardly seen any for sale by themselves, but a bog standard liner can be quite cheap if you want to "borrow" it from that. You shouldn't feel obliged to add a chinstrap as many helmets I have seen often lack it.

Sorry Fabe I can't help much, I've never owned an Austrian M1, but I'd say your UN or any UN helmet wouldn't be all that common.
    Can say it does look a little similar to my WW2 US liner (god knows what country used it)