Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified Helmet

Article about: Hello I picked this helmet up with no knowledge on it. As for me it looks like somthing from Desert Storm. But im not so sure. Does anyone know what exactly it is? I have some information on

?

Default Unidentified Helmet

Hello I picked this helmet up with no knowledge on it. As for me it looks like somthing from Desert Storm. But im not so sure. Does anyone know what exactly it is?

I have some information on it and other helmets at;
    helmetcollectables.com

But I want to have other opinions before I come to a conclusion.
    Thanks for all who know!

Unidentified HelmetUnidentified HelmetUnidentified HelmetUnidentified HelmetUnidentified HelmetUnidentified HelmetUnidentified Helmet

Fairly straightforward - it is the South Korean design (possibly even South Korean made - that's never really clear) model known commonly as the M80 in Iraqi service. A similar helmet is used by many smaller countries (take a look through here Composite Helmets, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets International Guide ). The headband is not original, the markings show it to be US made and this would not be on the original helmet, although the design is very similar. See here - .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 80 :. - or here - IRAQ - for a lot of useful knowledge and excellent pictorials.

Ive seen this helmet before, a seller on ebay sold a few of these, I think he repainted them and added new US webbing, the chin straps are also foreign mfg replacements that are sold on ebay

I think it's a pieced together refurbished Iraqi M80, the Iraqi's didnt paint them with a corked texture like that, they used basic desert tan spray paint or hand painted with a brush.

?

Totally agree with the above points, never seen these refurbished like this so that's quite unique,though I personally prefer them in their original condition.

This does demonstrate how easy it would be to replace the original Korean/Iraqi webbing cradle for the US-M75 version, so useful other collectors who would wish to do so