Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Unkown Helmet?

Article about: Can anyone help me identify this helmet? Could it be Russian or Polish? I originally thought it may be a Polish model 1950 crested helmet, but I am not sure. I will really appreciate any hel

?

Default Unkown Helmet?

Can anyone help me identify this helmet? Could it be Russian or Polish? I originally thought it may be a Polish model 1950 crested helmet, but I am not sure. I will really appreciate any help.
    Thank You

Default Re: Unkown Helmet?

You are right:

polaco 50 con cimera

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank You so much for the confirmation.

?

One more question. How does this helmet differ from the regular Polish 1950 helmet? What does the crest represent? Was this helmet worn by any particular unit?
    Thanks

the design was not well liked by the regular Polish army , so they redesigned it without the top piece

The new Polish army wanted to regain his identity and proposed, among other measures, the usefulness of a steel helmet that would return an image to its own troops. [They wanted a design that was unique to the Polish army] but it wasnt very succesful so they decided to make them without the crest on top

this helmet was used by second line troops

used by Fire Brigade units and Civil Defense units

Polish Militaria - Militariarg.com

?

Battle Gear,
    Wow! Thanks so much for the very detailed information. One more question, how rare are these helmets?
    Thanks

Quote by camry View Post
    Battle Gear,
    Wow! Thanks so much for the very detailed information. One more question, how rare are these helmets?
    Thanks
    they seem more common in europe than in the US, I havent seen very many for sale, I like the unique design

I wouldnt mind having one in my collection

?

Battle Gear,
    Thanks again for all of the excellent information about this helmet. I also agree that this helmet has a unique design to it.