Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

unusual green painted US mfg M1 helmet liner with foreign headband?

Article about: here's an odd looking US made M1 helmet liner, the color of the green paint doesnt look like something used by the US and the liner headband is definitely a non US headband, has reptile patt

Default unusual green painted US mfg M1 helmet liner with foreign headband?

here's an odd looking US made M1 helmet liner, the color of the green paint doesnt look like something used by the US and the liner headband is definitely a non US headband, has reptile pattern brown vinyl and the webbing is HBT pattern khaki colored cotton web and has some type of ink stamp in a circle, the color kind of looks like something Ive seen on Iraqi helmets? or possibly used by another country like Israel or Peru?

unusual green painted US mfg M1 helmet liner with foreign headband?

unusual green painted US mfg M1 helmet liner with foreign headband?unusual green painted US mfg M1 helmet liner with foreign headband?unusual green painted US mfg M1 helmet liner with foreign headband?

?

I really want to say that this is reissued to the Iraqis or another middle east country it just has that feel to it are there any markings

Quote by gel65 View Post
    I really want to say that this is reissued to the Iraqis or another middle east country it just has that feel to it are there any markings
    the headband has some type of ink stamp on the webbing but it's unrecognizable , too faint

I also get a feeling this came out of the middle east, possibly Iraq, I have seen a few bring back US M1's from Iraq, so I do know US liners were used by them.

?

They have used almost anything they could get, the paint how think and poorly it is done just gives me that feeling

?

Hi BG, yes the liner has very unusual features as you pointed out, I would also assume a middle eastern adapted liner. Thanks for showing this one

I just saw this Israeli M1 with the same color of green paint as used on my unknown US liner? maybe it was once used by the Israeli IDF in one of their M1 type helmets like this one with the 3 point chin strap? it looks like a perfect match to me, Im guessing thats where it came from

Israeli IDF Zahal 60's Army Military Helmet. Six Days War. Original. Good Cond.

Israeli IDF Zahal 60's Army Military Helmet Six Days War Original Good Cond | eBay

unusual green painted US mfg M1 helmet liner with foreign headband?unusual green painted US mfg M1 helmet liner with foreign headband?unusual green painted US mfg M1 helmet liner with foreign headband?

?

BG, I think this helmet has been repainted, I have never seen and Israeli helmet this color in any pictures. Also the difference in conditon between helmet and liner seems odd. I've had a lot of Israeli helmets and generally they are functional only, no nice colors and gloss paint.

With regrads the the liner at the start of the thread, I would lean towards Iraq or Iran, the picture you show also points to that.
    Steve.

Thanks Tinhat, the headband in my liner in the OP does look rather crude like something made by the Iraqis, I also have some Israeli headbands for comparison and they usually look identical in quality to a US headband except for markings in Hebrew

Israeli stuff is usually of better quality