Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Unusual m1 steel helmet chocolate chip camo cover?

Article about: Description UNUSUAL AMERICAN M1 STEEL HELMET CHOCOLATE CHIP CAMOUFLAGE COVER, EXPORT CONTRACT? Unissued condition and unmarked but quality manufacture so made by the US for a foreign friendl

As far as i know choc chip/six colour desert went into limited production in 1977!...

?

Hi BG, I just found these pictures on my hard drive this morning of some the examples of these covers I own or have since traded on over the years ( I am not sure if I still own these actually ?) but all had/have foliage slits,no markings and are not quite the same camo pattern as yours, I thought this might be useful to add this thread

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    As far as i know choc chip/six colour desert went into limited production in 1977!...

Great information Paul, and useful for this thread and the research behind these covers, many thanks

gary that top cover looks very familiar indeed mate

Hi Opex, thanks for showing those photos of your Choc Chip camo covers, I notice yours has longer flaps around the area for the chin straps? mine dont go up as high and the cover doesnt fit well in that area unless I were to cut holes, I think yours could be the later improved varients

I read that early examples of the pattern illustrate slight differences in the size and percentage of black shown in the "chip" or "rock" elements, suggesting that the pattern was modified slightly at some early stage in its design.

so there were variations of the Choc Chip pattern
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual m1 steel helmet chocolate chip camo cover?   Unusual m1 steel helmet chocolate chip camo cover?  

looks a great display battlegear is that a us ww2 beanie under there? p.s i like your new israeli m1 avatar ,is this from your own collection

Quote by James C View Post
    looks a great display battlegear is that a us ww2 beanie under there? p.s i like your new israeli m1 avatar ,is this from your own collection
    no the beanie is a later issue green one from Afghanistan, yes the IDF M1 is from my collection

forgive me battle gear you have mentioned the afghan beanie before to me ,it slipped my mind but would like to see a better pic of it sometime ,great idf helmet too ,i always like the burlap /netting and tyre band combination congrats on finding such a nice issued example

?

Quote by James C View Post
    gary that top cover looks very familiar indeed mate
    Hi James, I think that it must have been the one I sent your way, I can't remember what I own and what I have traded on

?

"Hi Opex, thanks for showing those photos of your Choc Chip camo covers, I notice yours has longer flaps around the area for the chin straps? mine dont go up as high and the cover doesnt fit well in that area unless I were to cut holes, I think yours could be the later improved varients

I read that early examples of the pattern illustrate slight differences in the size and percentage of black shown in the "chip" or "rock" elements, suggesting that the pattern was modified slightly at some early stage in its design.

so there were variations of the Choc Chip pattern"

Hi BG, no problem I had hoped these examples would be useful to show here. I totally agree there does appear to be different variations of these covers, it would be great in the long term to be able to identify who made these covers

BTW -I really like the display with your M1 and bayonet, with the Hessian backdrop ...very effective useful of materials

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast