Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Unusual m1 steel helmet chocolate chip camo cover?

Article about: Description UNUSUAL AMERICAN M1 STEEL HELMET CHOCOLATE CHIP CAMOUFLAGE COVER, EXPORT CONTRACT? Unissued condition and unmarked but quality manufacture so made by the US for a foreign friendl

Default Unusual m1 steel helmet chocolate chip camo cover?

Description

UNUSUAL AMERICAN M1 STEEL HELMET CHOCOLATE CHIP CAMOUFLAGE COVER, EXPORT CONTRACT?

Unissued condition and unmarked but quality manufacture so made by the US for a foreign friendly country as an export contract i would say as several countries would have used the M1 with this cover. Slight marks from storage only.

I have been looking for one of these but they are hard to find, I think maybe the Saudis used a helmet cover like this? or a Mitchell cover with the desert camo side out.

Unusual M1 Steel Helmet Chocolate Chip Camo Cover Export Contract | eBay

Item condition:

New
    Ended:
    Aug 06, 2013 11:05:31 PDT

Winning bid:

US $42.54
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual m1 steel helmet chocolate chip camo cover?   Unusual m1 steel helmet chocolate chip camo cover?  

?

I know the Iraqi Army, post Hussien, used US chocolate chip uniforms that had a green dye through them to distinguish them.

BG ive not heard of us m1's used by saudi's, i believe they used m1 clones though and yes your right they used the autumn pattern mitchell covers as well as the cookie dough pattern ,here's my example's from a few years back i used us m1's at the time as it was all i had Unusual m1 steel helmet chocolate chip camo cover?

James C , nice display with the cookie dough pattern cover M1 with a gas mask

the surplus store has a large back pack cover / spare tire cover made of the same Chocolate Chip / cookie dough camo

for $5 , I think I might buy it and cut it up to make a helmet cover

great idea BG i dont see why not ,im sure some examples were done in this manner ,you could use a usmc m1 cover for a pattern ,i know they produced these covers in 2 parts and 3 parts ,i think for a better finish you would have to do it this way ,it would look to untidy as a flat piece of material shaped over an m1 ,if you do purchase post some pictures of the results ,i know its easy to say but if i had a spare one i would gladly sent it over the pond to you ,but alas i dont ,sorry james

Default cookie dough camo covers

James C

here is a US soldier during Desert Storm 1991 era wearing a Desert camo cover designed for the Kevlar PASGT helmet over his old M1

maybe I'll just look for a large sized cookie dough cover off a PASGT kevlar helmet to use on my M1 like this soldier in the photo, the shape would fit better than a flat piece of material

Attached Images Attached Images Unusual m1 steel helmet chocolate chip camo cover? 

?

heres how i display mine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual m1 steel helmet chocolate chip camo cover?   Unusual m1 steel helmet chocolate chip camo cover?  

nick this display you show has always been one of my favorites ,i think it inspired me to try and get hold of one of these elusive covers

?

as i was inspired to seek one of these out by another forum member myself when they showed one on the forum

?

Great topic, and examples shown guy's.

I have yet to discover any real evidence these were worn by Saudi's,but here's mine all the same, I have managed to gather a few of these covers over the years, some I have traded, some on display,but all of my examples have no markings or stamps!!!

Unusual m1 steel helmet chocolate chip camo cover?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast