MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Updated: Italian M33 - Please help!!!

Article about: Hi Emile and my friends at the forum, here's some more pictures of the helmet I posted earlier, but with more detail now that I have received it.. At this point I am very confused here's why

Default Updated: Italian M33 - Please help!!!

Hi Emile and my friends at the forum, here's some more pictures of the helmet I postedUpdated: Italian M33 - Please help!!!Updated: Italian M33 - Please help!!!Updated: Italian M33 - Please help!!!Updated: Italian M33 - Please help!!!Updated: Italian M33 - Please help!!!Updated: Italian M33 - Please help!!!Updated: Italian M33 - Please help!!!Updated: Italian M33 - Please help!!! earlier, but with more detail now that I have received it.. At this point I am very confused here's why..

- The rivets look flat and not rounded like the other Italian helmets I have seen.
    - The liner looks post war, but the Z stitching is actually very close to the width of the original parallel stitches not like the big Z on post war liners
    - Is the color correct for Italian? It surely looks old..
    - The chin straps are the black green leather, but only joined with one rivet instead of two like the others I have seen, is this correct?
    - Also the one chin strap is quite short and not long like the other..
    - There are no markings on the leather or strap that signify anything about the maker..
    - The shell is marked "BB 52' the helmet metal rim is marked under the link "B57"

So please let me know if this is authentic wartime Italian or a post war Bulgarian or anything else. Sincerely Mapu!!!

Default Re: Updated: Italian M33 - Please help!!!

anyone?

?

Default Re: Updated: Italian M33 - Please help!!!

Just comments...I'm no expert. I'm looking at my (postwar) M33 and my Bulgarian M51. Everything about your helmet looks Italian except the flattened rivets. Look at the flattened rivets inside. Do they have a circle of tabs that look like daisy petals? My M33 does...the Bulgarian helmet has four crudely flattened tabs.
    Color and single rivet in chinstraps: I've been looking at every picture I can find of RSI (N. Italy '43-'45 puppet state) helmets with an eye to replicating one. Most I've seen have been a darker green, and I remember helmets for sale on Italian Ebay with the comment "single rivet in chinstraps typical of RSI", so maybe yours is an RSI reissue.Just guessing.
    But the flattened vent rivets do look like on my Bulgarian helmet...I love a mystery and will be following this!