Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

very unique tanker helmet i have incomimg and need help!

Article about: Got this helmet incoming and got it dirt cheap off of flea bay and I have never seen one like this before and tried searching google with no luck,its almost like a cross between a us m38 and

Default very unique tanker helmet i have incomimg and need help!

Got this helmet incoming and got it dirt cheap off of flea bay and I have never seen one like this before and tried searching google with no luck,its almost like a cross between a us m38 and a CVC helmet and seller listed it in title as a army helmet with no other info so if someone can I'd this I be very happy

Thanks
    Jack

?

Jack Very nice, look's to me like a French Mle-51 Tank helmet, I cannot tell from the pictures provided but it should have a four point leather chinstrap fitted, perhaps the headphones are covering them up!

Check out this excellent website for more info

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 51 radio-char - type 1 :.

Opex thanks for the info, the shell from what I seen does look a lot like a m51 tank helmet after looking at that site but if you look at the pictures the chin strap is located at the end of the headset not in the helmet but yes I agree that its a French helmet, I know more once its in hand, btw I won this for $37 total that included shipping

Opex is almost right in that it is French, but it isn't the version he cites. Have a look at the Mle 65 here .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 65 :. and scroll down to the section headed 'Version avec évents d'aération'. It seems to be a rather less common variant - can't say I had evere seen one before and it took me a bit of poking around to find it.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Opex is almost right in that it is French, but it isn't the version he cites. Have a look at the Mle 65 here .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 65 :. and scroll down to the section headed 'Version avec évents d'aération'. It seems to be a rather less common variant - can't say I had evere seen one before and it took me a bit of poking around to find it.

Greg you nailed it, yup that's what it is, thanks man