Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Vietnam era helmet

Article about: by jacob dubbel hi well your wright whit that nick but there is one thing i wanna know about the K.L is it written whit a marker or is it paint and can you pleas post a close up my dad was w

Thunderbolt
    ?

Default Re: Vietnam era helmet

Well....tnx about information. I read information that, that model of M1 1973 (model of this topic) was used in Vietnam by small groups of USMC who had some missions after US Army Leaving in 1973 Can we Call officialy that, that helmet is Vietnam Era helmet?
    P.S Sorry for my English I am from Europe

?

unfortunately we cannot say for defiant as these were not used by the US alone other countries bought them from the US as surplus for their own use.

p.s. your English is very good & welcome to the forum

One other thing no one has talked about, the cammo cover is post-Vietnam ERDL pattern and not Vietnam issue ERDL.
    It does look like someone has gone over the black with a felttip pen though.. but even taking that in to account i am 99% sure that this is not a Vietnam cover.. the helmet.. well i'll leave that to others to say.

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hi Nick,

Yes I thought I'd give my pennies worth. I just realized it might just as well be a Canadian used helmet. It is not Danish as they had different liners.

US or Canadian?!?

Cheers,
    Emile
    There is a lot i have to learn but this one surprised me didn't know we use to wear those kind of helmet . i will have to read a bit more i look stupid now lollllllllllll! and i am Canadian go figure
    Frenchy

?

this site gives a little bit of info on what is generally seen as Vietnam issue lids & covers Mitchell Pattern Helmet Cover

Thunderbolt
    ?

Quote by NickD View Post
    unfortunately we cannot say for defiant as these were not used by the US alone other countries bought them from the US as surplus for their own use.

p.s. your English is very good & welcome to the forum
    Tnx

?

Quote by frenchy View Post
    There is a lot i have to learn but this one surprised me didn't know we use to wear those kind of helmet . i will have to read a bit more i look stupid now lollllllllllll! and i am Canadian go figure
    Frenchy
    here ya go mate try this site gives a little info on Canadian use helmets CANADIAN FORCES HELMETS

Thunderbolt
    ?

Quote by NickD View Post
    here ya go mate try this site gives a little info on Canadian use helmets CANADIAN FORCES HELMETS
    Thanks for good link

?

ya welcome mate glad it helps

Thanks NickD for the link i am always eager to learn a little bit more
    Frenchy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast