MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?

Article about: I what I think is a Bulgarian Helmet. Based on .: World War Helmets - Référence de casques de 1915 à nos jours :. (use google Translate), I believe this is a Bulgarian M51 Shell with a 51/72

Que
    ?

Default What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?

I what I think is a Bulgarian Helmet. Based on .: World War Helmets - Référence de casques de 1915 à nos jours :. (use google Translate), I believe this is a Bulgarian M51 Shell with a 51/72 Liner. It has the bulky vent rivets of the model 51. I find the etching on the front very interesting. Can any one tell me about this helmet and what the etching might be. Is it an outline for an emblem that never got painted maybe? Any info would be appreciated.

Q

What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?

MAP
    ?

Check out the Italian m33. From my phone that's what it looks like. These were used, reused and reused again up until the 80's by Italy as well as other countries. So will not be able to help as to what Era without a full review...

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 933 :.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Btw...no idea on the etching...maybe others can help

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Que
    ?

Just did some more looking and found an Italian M33 on this link .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 933 :. (use Google Translate). That emblem is listed as item 41. at the bottom of the page as Motorist. Also just noticed the one of the chin strap lugs is stamped with the Crown over AT. also just noticed the size is 59. I also have another helmet that is much smaller than this one Size 56. They are almost Identical. The smaller on is stamped S 30. Are these both Italian M33 helmets? Here are some additional pics I just took (Smaller on on left with blotchy paint)....

Q

What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?What exactly do I have? Bulgarian What?

MAP
    ?

Is that not the same link I provided

lots of "also's" in that post.... LoL

Both m33s. The original could be a wwii era lid. Strap looks right and paint color is promising.

?

They both look like M33s to me, vent rivets and chinstrap bails are good indicators, you can compare on the website you were looking at.

It's difficult to see but is the gray the of the first helmet the original paint or has it been repainted? The second one, it looks like somebody has tried to remove the post war paint.

Nice.

Que
    ?

yeah same link. i was looking at it and posted additional items before I read your posts. Thanks

Que
    ?

First one is original paint. Smaller one has some additional paint. Cant tell if it came off on its own or was an attempt remove new paint.

Both are Italian M33's. The paint I believe is post war because WWII ones were a green color.

Quote by warbuff View Post
    Both are Italian M33's. The paint I believe is post war because WWII ones were a green color.
    Just like the Japanese and other countries during WW2, different branches of the services had different paint schemes for helmets. I am guessing that the Regia Marina (Italian Royal Navy) had shipboard gray helmets just like the IJA and the U.S Navy. Not all period M33 helmets have to be green, but they seem to be the most common.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast