Become our sponsor and display your banner here

What is this helmet?

Article about: Hello, New member here. I need some help with a helmet identification please. I saw this one at a junk store this weekend. The tag said of course that it's a WW II German Army Helmet. I usua

Default What is this helmet?

Hello,

New member here. I need some help with a helmet identification please. I saw this one at a "junk" store this weekend. The tag said of course that it's a WW II German Army Helmet. I usually collect U.S. stuff, so I'm not as knowledgeable on German items. That being said, I did see a couple of things that made me question the tag. What's up with the bracket/metal piece on the front of the helmet? Two rivets on each side? Is this a post war helmet or a German-type helmet from another country?

Attached below are some photos I took with my phone:

What do you all think? There wasn't any stickers or remains of any stickers on the right side. I didn't think to check the inside for any stamping unfortunately, but hopefully some here can tell me exactly what this helmet is.

Thanks in advance.

-Derek

Hi Derek, welcome to the forum!

It is Spanish.

ESPAOL Z 42

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Adrian! Much appreciated.

Any idea of the value on this helmet? Asking price is. $200! Low I know for a German helmet but is that way too much for a Spanish helmet? Is this even WW II vintage ?

Thanks again,

-Derek

i would walk away ,the early m42's were produced without the insignia mount ,my guess is this is post war made and used any time up untill the liner upgrade in 1979 ,and as these spanish helmets dont have date stamps ,its anybodys guess to the age ,also the ripped liner finger is a bad point too, there are nicer examples out there if your keen on buying one ,hope this helps ,james

I've seen these "Modelo Z" helmets for sale at $35 and up...not even remotely worth $200, friend....
    cheers, Glenn

JBR
    ?

Hello Viking73, Check out these excellent sites, I find them very useful (there are others, too!):

.: World War Helmets - Accueil :.

PORTADA

HELMETS HELMET COLLECTION HELMET COLLECTORS WEBSITES BOOKS GREG PICKERSGILL'S HELMET COLLECTION

Best Regards, John

Spanish copy of German M-42 Not worth much not very collectible IMA (International Military Antiques) in New Jersey had them anywhere from ninteen dollars to forty depending on condition. If you want a German model that one ain't for you. timothy

If you take a Zero off the price, it would be more realistic...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ha, thanks for the all replies and information. I am going to pass on this one for sure!

-Derek

if the price was reasonable like $35 I would buy it, but not for $200

it's still a nice helmet if you can find one cheap