Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

What nation is this M1 helmet from?

Article about: the only one i can find that has the two studs on the J hook part of the chin strap is the Denmark model 48 M-1 type clone ? .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 48 :.

I think it is pretty safe to say that this was an old navy lid too......

with the riveted chin staps i thinking of the m1917A1 helmet some of these helmet had riveted chin straps.
    Attached Images Attached Images What nation is this M1 helmet from? 

Quote by geelong View Post
    with the riveted chin staps i thinking of the m1917A1 helmet some of these helmet had riveted chin straps.
    Nope....this is NOT an M1917, completely different helmet. It's an M1 or an M1 clone.....

this is a US model 2 helmet. but ive have seen some blue us m1s that have the rivets on the chin straps to. ive just been trying to see if there was a chance that these types of chin straps made there way in to US army i dont have a copy of steel pots but i think vol1 or it might be vol2 says somthing about chin strap studs. on m1s
    Attached Images Attached Images What nation is this M1 helmet from? 

anyone ever heard of the m1 prototypes taking the model 5 helmet and m1917a1 and cutting them apart and welding them together to make the ts-1, ts-2 and ts-3. the ts-3 had its straps riveted on, an american prototype ts-3 helmet which led to the design of the m1 helmet. however the swivel bales are what is throwing it off, but that would be one hell of a find if it was a ts-3 Steel Pots: Part Three - YouTube this shows the ts-3

i take that back it is definitely the m48What nation is this M1 helmet from?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3