Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What nation is this M1 helmet from?

Article about: the only one i can find that has the two studs on the J hook part of the chin strap is the Denmark model 48 M-1 type clone ? .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 48 :.

Default What nation is this M1 helmet from?

Hello! I was given this the other day by a friend, I had pick of the lot (about 7 available) all were in decent condition other than the liners, mine being the best but all are in poor condition/falling apart. Not sure what to do with it as it does have surface rust in a few spots, suggestions would be great. But my main question is what nation is this from? I'm more than aware it isn't American. The guy who gave it to me said it might have been used by Saudi troops.
    What nation is this M1 helmet from?What nation is this M1 helmet from?What nation is this M1 helmet from?

?

I am very doubtful it is Saudi are there any markings inside the helmet looks quite old

No, I can't find any.

?

Very interesting looking piece, personally I would leave it as it is, the plastic liner makes me think it is European,the chinstraps are similar to the Danish method of riveting them to the shells bales!

All in all a very intriguing helmet, I hope you get some positive ID for this one !

Opex

Thanks Opex!

Have you tried to see if there's a heat stamp?.................Jake.

?

Interesting helmet indeed, I don't have a clue as to it's origin, but the
    liner looks to me made from fibreglass to me. I am not sure if that helps with the
    helmet identification, but good luck.

Brad.

this helmet looks similar to m1 clone made in argentina. but i dont think there m1s have two rivets at the end of the chin strap like yours. and the liner webbing is different.

Thanks for all the replies. @Jake, I can't see any type of markings on the steel helmet, or the inner one.
    I was actually expecting this one to be IDed straight away, so it makes this all the more interesting :-)

?

Quote by geelong View Post
    this helmet looks similar to m1 clone made in argentina. but i dont think there m1s have two rivets at the end of the chin strap like yours. and the liner webbing is different.
    That's a very good point geelong,and another interesting idea , looking again at the weld spots on the inner rim it does look very similar to the Argentinian method of spot welding, I had a look at my Argentinian models ,and I can confirm the similarity .

But the rivets are not the same, and the sweatband is not the right colour.

Now if this turned out to be Argentinian ,I am sure trench dude would be a VERY happy chap indeed!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast