Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What type of Czech helmet is this?

Article about: Got this some years back but never researched it, it was suppose to be an M40 Russian helmet, but recently I heard it might be Czech. Detailed identification would be great! Also is the 53 p

Default What type of Czech helmet is this?

Got this some years back but never researched it, it was suppose to be an M40 Russian helmet, but recently I heard it might be Czech. Detailed identification would be great! Also is the 53 printed on the inside the date?
    What type of Czech helmet is this?What type of Czech helmet is this?What type of Czech helmet is this?What type of Czech helmet is this?

Default Re: What type of Czech helmet is this?

I believe this is the M53, the nylon chinstrap would make it a later issue.

this one has the late style green nylon Y chin straps and would make it a later model Czech M53 / 80

the number 53 is the date the shell was manufactured but it has been upgraded with the 1980's nylon Y straps

Thanks for the info!

nice lid a trench dude ,externally the same as the vz 53 but as stated the latter version 4 point chinstrap with leather chin section ,i believe the only reason for the upgrade to the chin strap was to aid stability for the wearer ,definately not soviet ,more soviet block