Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What Type of Helmet is this?

Article about: Well, it looks like this is the right spot. I picked this up during spring break along with a few other items. The beret came with it so I am Assuming that it is a French helmet. Other than

Default What Type of Helmet is this?

Well, it looks like this is the right spot.
    I picked this up during spring break along with a few other items. The beret came with it so I am Assuming that it is a French helmet. Other than that I am lost. It has two major dents and the chin straps are made up of Velcro. Any help would be appreciated, I did some research and it looks like the only thing similar to it is a French Paratrooper Helmet. Also, any info on the Beret and the value of both the helmet and beret would be nice to know. I paid 40$ for them both.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What Type of Helmet is this?   What Type of Helmet is this?  

What Type of Helmet is this?   What Type of Helmet is this?  

?

Default Re: What Type of Helmet is this?

Have a look at
    VENTE DE MILITARIA FRANCAIS INDO ALGERIE ET OPEX
    be carrefull withe the prices, these items are Indochina war related; yours are younger.
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

What Type of Helmet is this?What Type of Helmet is this?

yes, you have the French M78 / F1 second model these were worn by both regular army and also by paratroopers

if you look inside you should find the manufacturer and the year it was made, the second models date from around 1983 - 1990's

the French military still uses this helmet but mostly during training, it's usually worn with a camo cover

they are only made in one size and you adjust the headband to adjust size, I have two in my collection, the first model and a second model

the French also wore these in Desert Storm and there are numerous photos showing them wearing it in Iraq / Saudi arabia

This is my first french item in my collection! Thank you guys for all the help I appreciate it :-)

Here´s the other version of the M78 F-1 helmet:
    What Type of Helmet is this?What Type of Helmet is this?What Type of Helmet is this?What Type of Helmet is this?What Type of Helmet is this?What Type of Helmet is this?What Type of Helmet is this?What Type of Helmet is this?What Type of Helmet is this?What Type of Helmet is this?