Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Why do people have the nerve to list a common helmet like this for so much money? EG M56 Stahlhelm

Article about: VINTAGE EAST GERMANY MILITARY HELMET. Annoyed from this ads?   The model 56/66 has an improved liner, however the shell and chinstrap remained unchanged, the three rivets that secured t

Default Why do people have the nerve to list a common helmet like this for so much money? EG M56 Stahlhelm

VINTAGE EAST GERMANY MILITARY HELMET.

The model 56/66 has an improved liner, however the shell and chinstrap remained unchanged, the three rivets that secured the old liner were no longer needed as the new plastic liner braces were mounted to the shell by six "points" The cover is the common "Rain" pattern and again the hood off the combat jacket. These helmets before and after the fall of the Berlin Wall were widely exported and found themselves in many combat zones all over the world. This helmets stamps indicate that this helmet is a size 2 and manufactured in 7 1958.

Price:

US $180.00

Buy It Now

Vintage East Germany Military Helmet | eBay

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------:confus

This is a very common M56 / 66 East German helmet with the 3 rivets and the new style adjustable liner

I wonder why a seller would try to sell it at such a price? I would consider it poor ethics to try and fool new collector into buying it for that price
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Why do people have the nerve to list a common helmet like this for so much money? EG M56 Stahlhelm   Why do people have the nerve to list a common helmet like this for so much money? EG M56 Stahlhelm  

Why do people have the nerve to list a common helmet like this for so much money? EG M56 Stahlhelm  

?

Default Re: Why do people have the nerve to list a common helmet like this for so much money? EG M56 Stahlhelm

I do not see the problem sorry. If he wants to sell it for 180$ he have the right to do/try so. On a side note, NVA prices will keep rising as the yrs go by.

Regards, Lars

?

Default Re: Why do people have the nerve to list a common helmet like this for so much money? EG M56 Stahlhelm

haha, these could be had at my nearby surplus store for 30-$40...suckers are born every minute!

i quite like the period look of this type 1 m56 but its 176 liner system upgrade has made it less desirable also the foam spacers front and rear have perished ,i agree on it being overpriced ,if i had the money to buy this id probably wait for an earlier first pattern lined m56 and it would still cost less im sure ,thanks for sharing BG

?

Good talking point BG,I have one of these ,and did not pay any more than £20,and wouldn't want to pay any more than that personally.

Good luck to the seller I guess,but I always feel sorry for people who end up paying way over the odds for pieces like this!!!!

And unless I have lost my mind that does not look like a Rain pattern cover, rather a standard NVA net...not only overpriced ,but a very poor description too -LOL

?

Gee, I got two of these, one with a VOPO cover and one with a rain drop for 20 bucks for both!

I noticed the trend these days at swap meets & flea markets is to price items of low value at much higher prices than the current value

I saw a seller at the flea market with a surplus post war Dutch Civil Defense brodie style helmet that normally sells for around $25 retail

he had it marked $250 and said it was a WW1 helmet , I told him what it was and he said other people also told him it was a post war european civil defense helmet

but he played dumb and tried to sell it as a WWI US M1917 even though he knew it wasnt