Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a WW2 Dutch M34?

Article about: Saw this up, is it a WW2 era M34? And does anyone know what the markings mean? I'm not exactly up to speed at all with M34 helmets

?

Default Is this a WW2 Dutch M34?

Saw this up, is it a WW2 era M34? And does anyone know what the markings mean? I'm not exactly up to speed at all with M34 helmets
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this a WW2 Dutch M34?  Is this a WW2 Dutch M34?  Is this a WW2 Dutch M34?  Is this a WW2 Dutch M34?  Is this a WW2 Dutch M34?  Is this a WW2 Dutch M34? 

?

One word;yes. Post war we used surplus American helmets and started producing their own versions of the m1. The company tasked to do this was Verblifa. A lot of these first production helmets that are left will have a verblifa stamp, too because they were taken back because of a production mistake. I have a verblifa helmet that im not sure wether its real or not but it has a stenciled general lieutenants decal on it. The wreath with 3 stars above. Lot of history with these helmets

Regards,
    Bas

This M34 is a Dutch pre war production helmet that was reconditioned after the war in the early fifties. They were supplied to the Civil Defense organisation. The colour is typical CD as is the post war (reddish) liner. Pre war liners were black and the shell was a more olive green colour.

CAP. a/d IJ most likely stands for a city in The Netherlands: Capelle aan de IJssel. Not far from Rotterdam.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    This M34 is a Dutch pre war production helmet that was reconditioned after the war in the early fifties. They were supplied to the Civil Defense organisation. The colour is typical CD as is the post war (reddish) liner. Pre war liners were black and the shell was a more olive green colour.

CAP. a/d IJ most likely stands for a city in The Netherlands: Capelle aan de IJssel. Not far from Rotterdam.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Me with my story... I didn't even know we had a Civil Defence after the war haha