Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI Italian

Article about: Hello. Is this is WWI Italian helmet? I typed that into Google and a lot of photos of hemets with similar markings on the front popped up. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Default WWI Italian

Hello. Is this is WWI Italian helmet? I typed that into Google and a lot of photos of hemets with similar markings on the front popped up. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

WWI Italian
    WWI Italian
    WWI Italian
    WWI Italian
    WWI Italian
    WWI Italian
    WWI Italian
    WWI Italian
    WWI Italian
    WWI Italian
    WWI Italian
    WWI Italian

MAP
    ?

Todd,

Looks like an Italian M16. Two piece construction. Welded crown.

I think the stencil is the state crown and 222 Infantry Regiment.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Todd,

Looks like an Italian M16. Two piece construction. Welded crown.

I think the stencil is the state crown and 222 Infantry Regiment.
    I agree with Michael

Matt
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 04-09-2015 at 04:53 PM. Reason: add name

?

Yes it is, and a nice one, for some reason you see a lot that are missing liners.

Steve.

I seriously need to take some lessons on these Adrian style Lids,were they all made independently by each country,or were they supplied by France?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I seriously need to take some lessons on these Adrian style Lids,were they all made independently by each country,or were they supplied by France?
    during the early years of WWI France supplied the M1915 helmets to Italy, then the Italians designed their own model known as the Italian Model 1916 Lippmann a stronger one piece design shell with the comb welded on top.

here is one of the French M1915 helmets supplied to Italy duiring WWI with the Italian Verde green color paint and green leather chin strap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Italian  

Thank you Michael, Steelhead10 and Steve. Italian stuff is way out of my collecting interest.

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Yes it is, and a nice one, for some reason you see a lot that are missing liners.

Steve.
    the liners are very thin lightweight leather with a thin wool band, I would say most of these have missing liners because they rotted and fell out over time, if you ever find one with a liner intact they are usually very fragile or about to fall apart from age.

Seems like most WWI Adrians are missing the liners, your lucky to find one with the original liner still intact.

MAP
    ?

A very very brief overview of italian helmets....

Italy M16 - Brendon's Helmets

Here is a very good link for the M33's.

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 933 :.

(You can use google to translate the whole webpage.)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    the liners are very thin lightweight leather with a thin wool band, I would say most of these have missing liners because they rotted and fell out over time, if you ever find one with a liner intact they are usually very fragile or about to fall apart from age.

Seems like most WWI Adrians are missing the liners, your lucky to find one with the original liner still intact.
    I think you might be right, but you see a lot more French helmets with liners than Italian, also the Italian generally the tang or prongs that hold the liner in are missing, I also wondered whether they were deliberately removed so they could wear a cap underneath.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast