Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Finnish Camo Helmet?

Article about: Hello I just picked this helmet up recently and all I know is it is a WWII Sweedish helmet that was probably used by the Fins. I have never seen a helmet like this before so I really don't k

?

Default WWII Finnish Camo Helmet?

Hello
    I just picked this helmet up recently and all I know is it is a WWII Sweedish helmet that was probably used by the Fins. I have never seen a helmet like this before so I really don't know much more about it. I have no clue what the red mark above the nazi symbol is and I would really like to know what it is. I also found it interesting that the helmet is camo. I would really like to konw what kind of helmet this is and also if it is authentic or not? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank-You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Finnish Camo Helmet?   WWII Finnish Camo Helmet?  

WWII Finnish Camo Helmet?   WWII Finnish Camo Helmet?  

Jan
    ?

Default Re: WWII Finnish Camo Helmet?

No way this is Finnish camo! Sorry.

Rgds Jan

Swedish M26.
    I can not give you any comments about the camo except for the fact that I have never seen it. Try to shoot new pictures outside in bright daylight from close up.

Hi Camry,

As magicdutchmen said , definetely a Swedish M 26.

Here's a picture of one of mine, i paid a mere £10.00.They are one of the cheapest helmets on the market at present.

As for the camo??????????

Hope this helps

Gaz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Finnish Camo Helmet?   WWII Finnish Camo Helmet?  

?

is very beautiful helmet Gaz

Quote by ZERO View Post
    is very beautiful helmet Gaz
    Hi Zero,

Thanks mate, i got it on ebay a couple of months a ago for £10.00They are very cheap to buy in the UK.

Any requests ? are you interested in British helmets ,as i have many,many from mk1-Mk6 ??

Cheers
    Gaz.

Jan
    ?

Cheap helmet totally destroyed with a fake camo... Thats my honest opinion.
    Not mentioning the swaz This has absolutely no connection to the Finnish armed forces.

Rgds Jan

?

the helmet was produced in sweeden, but then shipped to Finland to be used by the Fins. The swasika is defetintly Finnish and as for the camo paint I don't think it is fake because in my opionion the camo looks too good to have been faked. I will take better pictures in the sunlight so everyone can get a good look at the camo paint.
    Thank-You

Red paint would appear to be flames coming out of a grenade-the black round thing with swastika-this 19th century style of grenade is a common type of regimental/corps badge in many armies-a variant appears on French 'Adrian' type helmets of the 1st & 2nd world wars. Can't comment on the cam paint scheme except to say black is a typical Finnish colour for camoflage due to the many Fir tree forrests-always dark under there-see Finnish air force paint schemes.