Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a WWII Italian Helmet?

Article about: Hello guys this is another items that I was not sure about. The owner seems to think it is a WWII Italian Africa Korps Helmet. My question is if it is Italian WWII is it from Africa and how

Default Is this a WWII Italian Helmet?

Hello guys this is another items that I was not sure about. The owner seems to think it is a WWII Italian Africa Korps Helmet. My question is if it is Italian WWII is it from Africa and how much is it worth? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a WWII Italian Helmet?   Is this a WWII Italian Helmet?  

Is this a WWII Italian Helmet?   Is this a WWII Italian Helmet?  

Default Re: Is this a WWII Italian Helmet?

Looks like a Bulgarian M51, or more precisely an M51/72 as it appears to have the larger flatter vent grommets; the originals were smaller and more protuberant. See Ted Muhovski's webpage here - Untitled Document .

Of course the remnant of the Bulgar tricolour on the side and what appears to be Cyrillic script on the liner is a clue as well!
    Last edited by Greg Pickersgill; 10-16-2011 at 10:54 PM.

?

Default Re: Is this a WWII Italian Helmet?

Letters inside of helmet is unmistakeably Cyrillic "Russian" letters. It says "Zarko V". Likely to be the name of the previous wearer.