Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Yugoslavian grouping

Article about: Just to share this small grouping display ,not sure what happened to the bare shell m59/85 but hazard a guess

Default Yugoslavian grouping

Just to share this small grouping display ,not sure what happened to the bare shell m59/85 but hazard a guess Yugoslavian groupingYugoslavian grouping

?

Nice helmets. The one with holes. Target practice or KIA.

Thanks for your thought's Steve hope your well sir ,the guts of the helmet including the chinstrap have been ripped out completely ,my hunch too would be leaning towards target practice ,well i hope so anyway ,the hole's have rusted out deep into the metal work
    thanks, James

I remember a member from the Yugoslavia / Serbia says these helmets were so common that they are often used for target practice over there

they probably have big scrap piles of these old rust buckets over there

Thanks BG ,was the member SRB by chance ,i think he was from the former yugoslavia, if so a shame as i notice he has recently been banned ,his input will be missed on the world steel helmet's section im sure

Cool

Quote by James C View Post
    Thanks BG ,was the member SRB by chance ,i think he was from the former yugoslavia, if so a shame as i notice he has recently been banned ,his input will be missed on the world steel helmet's section im sure
    New helmet: Yugoslavian M 59/85

no, it was another member: LeonardoL from Zagreb, Croatia

Thanks Battlegear ,i have heard these helmet's are now restricted to international trade ,the bottom left m59/85 with the woodland type 2 pattern cover was supposedly a type used by the Arkan tiger's paramilitary group

Quote by James C View Post
    Thanks Battlegear ,i have heard these helmet's are now restricted to international trade ,the bottom left m59/85 with the woodland type 2 pattern cover was supposedly a type used by the Arkan tiger's paramilitary group
    Im glad to have one in my collection, I waited years to get one for a reasonable price, before they were only available from overseas sellers and not as common, now they have imported a good supply to the US making them very affordable and easy to get.

the one in your photo from Arkan Tiger paramilitary group is a good find, you dont see many of those around.

Thank's BG ,glad you have an example in your collection please post here if you like as id like to see it the arkan tiger helmet might be too controversial to discuss so im always slightly reluctant to mention having one among my collection

I like the ego shooter pic. Nice idea, James.