MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Classified ads - Sales /Wanted section tutorial

Article about: NEED HELP! Hi I went to edit something on my listing for a black wound badge and couldn't find any price info. When i closed out, it removed my currency and my shipping cost. What did I do w

?

Default Classified ads - Sales /Wanted section tutorial

Now we are happy to introduce that we successfully tested the classifieds section, and it is ready for sale/wanted advertisements

Why to sell here?
    Just a simple answer: the sales within War Relics Classifieds is especially promoted for visibility in the search engines and pointed to the targeted audience.

We are one of the highest visited forums. You can cheat the members with fake statistics, but you can't cheat the web information companies as a Alexa, take a look at our current traffic Warrelics.eu Site Info which means we taking 112.757 place in traffic from a milllions of the websites in the net

Authentic or not? It is practically impossible to deal with fakes here, due a hundreds of professional members will easy to recognize fakes and then report the sales.

Here I will write a small tutorial.
    It's simple: Just follow Classifieds link in the header of the forum, or one of the sections in the collectors market on the forum home ( will update links as soon as all the members will move the current postings to the classified sections)
    Now you see on the fig 1 image the highlited red line, above it all you need to place ads, look what's new for sale etc
    Here I will describe the actions:
    From left to right.
    Forum- returning you on the forum home
    My Ads- Link to the current running ads by you
    My Watchlist- the list of the auctions you are watching
    Subscriptions- the list of the sales sections you are subscribed- to notify you by @-mail when someone add new sales
    Messages- messages received in the classified section only
    Home- Classifieds main page
    Member list- the members who use classified section
    Search- Search in classified section only
    Profile- link to your sales profile- sales, feedbacks etc
    Place an ad- place advertisement for sale/wanted

fig1

Placing advertisement/auction

Click to the "place an ad" link

Follow the steps, 1 step is to choose the wanted or Sell action,
    in the red rectanangular, choose the section where the ad will be placed

1.First field is asking price if you did not want to use buy now option- members will buy it for the price you'll add here, in case of zero- you submit best offer for your item, which is not allowed in the classified by the WR rules. In case of auction, that will be the starting bid for your item

2.Next field is shipping ammount. That is in case if you will specify the shipping ammount, which will be automatically included to the total if you will make automatic pay pal payment option included- ( note, in this case you need to add to the price 4% if you wish to receive it). If you don't want to use this option just ignore it

3. Buy now price will be the end user price which could be calculated with total being transferred to buyer's Paypal account: for example normally you sell item for 100, here you add 100+ 4% of pay pal comission and shipment added from the field shipment above- (for example 10 ) total to pay will be 114, and this ammount will redirected to pay pal- to pay now, after that your item will be automatically listed as sold, if the payment will be made. ( so, software don't need to contact both sides- seller/buyer to decide about that, which must spent your time)
    You can leave this field unused if you don't want to use this option

4. In case you begin the auction. You will add the minimal price you want for this item ( optional)

5. The currency in dropdown menu you prefer (optional)

6. Tick this box if you want begin auction ( optional)

7. Duration of the advertisement -15 days default, max 90 days

8. Optional you can add the pay pal @-mail to get the payment described above immediately. The @-mail will be enciphered and hidden

9. Full editor, where you can format the description.

10. Below the editor you can find optional field for keywords, if you want your item more easy to search for the users and search engines

11. Available only for club members. The Highlighted text with bold description in the list, also this add will be shown on the main page as a thumbnail of War Relics portal and forum, which will made more easiest access for your item for potential buyers from the net and members

How to manually edit/delete ad or mark as sold. Follow your advertisement, and the right above corner of the ad, find the PRODUCT OPTION, click it and choose from drop down window the option you need
    To delete ad, follow EDIT, then scroll down and tick the delete box, then click submit

The Classified section has own messaging system, so, it is integrated to forum, but is not a forum software. You can use PM seller if you want PM him as normal, or Contact seller by @-mail
    NB! Club members have ability to post unlimited amount of ads and highlight them.
    Other members is limited with 35ads per year ( which is approx 3 sales monthly) and no highlight option

Any questions appreciated.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: Classified ads - Sales /Wanted section tutorial

Its a fantastic addition to the forum, I've got a few bits and pieces I'm going to add of over the next couple of days

It may be worth mentioning that for those selling deactivated weapons to state their location in the advert. Its just an idea because deactivation standards vary depending on the country and for some of us, especially those in the UK we can only buy weapons deactivated to our specifications. Just to avoid people buying/ bidding on something then finding out that it cannot be shipped to them.

Thanks

Danny

Hi Dimas,

what about the Dealer's Corner threads? Will these all get zapped as well? Will there be a new Dealer's Corner in the classified section or what should I do with the threads that I have in that subforum? Cheers, Torsten.

?

The dealer's forums are still on the place, and that will not be changed, it is still opened for the news and advertising the dealer's sales on the website and also sales within uploaded ads on the classified section. As a example I give this link of the current sales of one of our members, so the link to the sales within our classified section. The forum sponsors have the same access to the classifed section as the other Club members

helmetone's Ads - Militaria Collectibles market at War Relics

As mentioned before, there is no restrictions in the quantity of the items for sale/wanted. All the sales must be very soon indexed by search engines and will appears on the internet search
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Super Dimas. I will move my stuff very soon.

I think it is inappropriate to have something posted without a price. If a person is looking for offers they need to state a price or best offer; otherwise take it to eBay.
    My 2 cents
    John

Quote by BigJohn View Post
    I think it is inappropriate to have something posted without a price. If a person is looking for offers they need to state a price or best offer
    I agree.

I will delete - WITHOUT WARNING - all FOR SALE items posted WITHOUT A PRICE in my section.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

We need then to write the rules for that
    Regards,
    Dimas

Dim,

If you can add that to the tutorial, I would appreciate it greatly. Posting items FOR SALE without a price is a "game" - that has no business being here IMO. It gives the less than honest seller the advantage to "size one up" through blind negotiation with a potential (and perhaps inexperienced) buyer...

Many thanks.

Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Good call Ritchie, clear rules on display keep the shonks at bay

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast