Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Another range day

Article about: Loading the clips and mags for a range day with my son. He came in from Ft. Hood yesterday.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I am guessing that the target on the left is your son's
    I'll never tell..

We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    A nice assortment of goodies in that pic.

There is nothing more soothing than a day at the range, Add in with your son, Fantastic!!!

So how did the new mosin do?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Which one? M44 or 91/30? Both are straight shooters but the m44 has quite a kick. Still less than the steyr m95/34 though.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

I wish I could "join in" but I am an Englishman in England!! Not much in they way of shooting ranges here unless your fun is to blast a Partridge or Pheasant with a blunderbuss!! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I wish I could "join in" but I am an Englishman in England!! Not much in they way of shooting ranges here unless your fun is to blast a Partridge or Pheasant with a blunderbuss!! Leon.
    I tell you what, if you are ever in the area, contact me and I will set everything up for a day at the range for your visit. Wonderful stress reliever.

My biggest surprise of the day was the Spanish air force mauser. I was ringing steel targets at 200m with iron sights. Very accurate rifle.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    I tell you what, if you are ever in the area, contact me and I will set everything up for a day at the range for your visit. Wonderful stress reliever.
    Sounds great to me, if I make it over to the States I will be sure to give you a call and work a bruise on my under used shoulder! I've not fired diddly squat since 1991 and that was our fine plastic SA 80's! Nice sights on it though! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

You are more than welcome the first chance you get.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    My biggest surprise of the day was the Spanish air force mauser. I was ringing steel targets at 200m with iron sights. Very accurate rifle.
    No surprise to me! Those little Spaniards always were great shooters! Cheap, tough and accurate. Mine would actually outperform my '38 Mauser 98K. Excellent guns.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    No surprise to me! Those little Spaniards always were great shooters! Cheap, tough and accurate. Mine would actually outperform my '38 Mauser 98K. Excellent guns.
    I have never owned one before but I'm a believer now. Solid gun for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12