Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fires in California

Article about: I've been watching these but just found out that one of the girls who was my next door neighbor in Philly lives in Petaluma, CA. where the fire has burned down her neighbors house but left h

?

Default Fires in California

I've been watching these but just found out that one of the girls who was my next door neighbor in Philly lives in Petaluma, CA. where the fire has burned down her neighbors house but left hers standing. They moved there to open a microbrewery and restaurant which I hope is still standing.
    I just want to give my thoughts and prayers to the folks there.
    Sometimes you watch the news only to find out that somebody you know has been affected.

I know we have some folks from this site that also live in Cali and I hope that if there are any members there that they are safe as well.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Well said Phil!.......
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Terrible it is. Besides the displaced people, the landscape destruction, displaced wildlife, I often wonder to myself which is a worse scenario. 6' of floodwater after a Texas hurricane or the wildfires out West. Both suck bad.
    When 10 men tell you you're drunk, you better lie down.
    'Get busy living, or get busy dying"

My mother in law lives in California, but she lives south of the fire zone and apart from heavy smoke for a few days was safely away from it all.

Sad to see deaths and such destruction.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

CBH
    ?

This Forum with it's International National membership makes the world seem like a much smaller place, especially when a disaster strikes. Whether its Australian fires, Texas Flooding or now California fires, I always wonder if any members here are effected. So I can only add that I hope all our members and their loved ones are safe. Everywhere around this dangerous world.
    Cheers Chris

I was directly effected by the Texas flooding. I live in Houston and my house got a little over 3 foot of water in it.
    I was lucky enough to actually listen to the flood warnings, and I put my relic collection up high. I also took my firearm
    collection, and put them in my attic. Unfortunately my Vietnam bring back items I just got from a local veteran was
    completely submerged ): Im currently staying with relatives until we can fix my house back to livable conditions.
    Thank god for insurance. Best regards- Jarret

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    I was directly effected by the Texas flooding. I live in Houston and my house got a little over 3 foot of water in it.
    I was lucky enough to actually listen to the flood warnings, and I put my relic collection up high. I also took my firearm
    collection, and put them in my attic. Unfortunately my Vietnam bring back items I just got from a local veteran was
    completely submerged ): Im currently staying with relatives until we can fix my house back to livable conditions.
    Thank god for insurance. Best regards- Jarret
    We had discussed the "Insurance thing" weeks ago. Have you been given an estimate on how long of a wait to be compensated for your damages ? Something as large as this, imagine thousands of homes were affected, were does an insurance adjuster begin ? How many ins.Co. will go Bankrupt ? I hope you had a reputable ins. company.

Really sorry for you. An ultimate living nightmare

thanks for your condolences real steal. The insurance adjuster has already made a visit to our home , and is currently deciding how much funds we will receive. I just graduated high school last June, and im postponing college until we can finally return home.

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    thanks for your condolences real steal. The insurance adjuster has already made a visit to our home , and is currently deciding how much funds we will receive. I just graduated high school last June, and im postponing college until we can finally return home.
    Nothing left to say but "Wish you luck & hope everything gets back to normal in a timely manner"

Quote by real steel View Post
    Nothing left to say but "Wish you luck & hope everything gets back to normal in a timely manner"
    Thank you, yes im also hoping things will return to normal soon. Not just for me, but for all the victims of these recent natural disasters. Best regards- Jarret

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast