Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

The forum's future: We are pleased to announce the Gold Club

Article about: by Glenn66 Any way we can tell when our membership is up for renewal? I can't seem to find anything in my account section. You should receive a reminder Glenn. Regards, Carl

Default Re: The forum's future: We are pleased to announce the Gold Club

This...I have considerable doubts on....lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Alright guys, at the risk of being accused of "p*ssing on the bonfire", Im going to stick my 2 pennorth in on the "should we/shouldn't we" pay for membership of the forum.

While I appreciate that the forum's running costs have got to be covered somehow, are we in danger of creating an "elitist" side to it?
    Are there going to be sections that, because you are not a "Gold club member", you cannot access?
    Am "I" going to be restricted to how many postings, questions, comments etc I can post on the forums if "I" am not a Gold Club Member?
    Then there is the small matter of what if "I" cannot afford my $25, which doesnt sound a lot, but, when you are unemployed, or on low pay, (like I am!), what happens then? Am "I" to be ostracised by my fellow members. Or what if "I" donot have a PP Account or Credit Card, (As it happens I personally have neither and dont intend to get either!)
    What happens if "I" am of an age where, even if I wanted to become a Gold Club member, I cannot get a PP account or Credit Card or have no-one who is willing to use theirs to cover the cost for me!

Just playing Devils Advocate and throwing a few thoughts into the melting pot.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

This is the only forum of worth where you are not obliged to pay .

All others you have to pay , I cant understand why this fantastic forum doesnt charge! Its the best on the net

If you dont want to pay, then dont, you have a choice. Its the best value for money anywhere !!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I don't think that this forum will go that path you describe Jimpy. The way it's being run tells me this. As stickgrenade says, this is the best place to be. I wish i got here earlier. I can understand that people can have problems with money here and now, but with a minimum of priority it is possible to get 25$, if one wants them. I am a foreigner living in Moscow. That is not all that easy. I for sure as h... don't take money showers in the morning. But i prioritized the money i have/had. Also i am sure one can be allowed to make a bank money transfer, if no C C is available. No need to worry.

Also a thank you to the guys keeping the forum running, and in the right spirit.

?

Why the big fuss over the colour pink,I think it`s very nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images The forum's future: We are pleased to announce the Gold Club 
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Just to dispell any potential rumours or suspicion, there is no elitist status here in any way shape or form. Gold Club Members are not paying for membership any more than non members. The idea is that those who contribute to the forum's upkeep and and to keep it going are rewarded by having perks as outlined by Ade in the opening post. This forum is not run the way of others where you have to pay to be a certain type of member to access certain forums or information contained therein and I'm not aware of any 'secret gold members only forums' being considered. If you can't afford a $25 donation there is a $10 option too and you can donate as much or as little as you want. I know some members contribute more than $25, others less. The Gold Club Membership is just a small 'thank you' from the forum staff to those who contribute. If you don't have a PayPal account or credit card yet want to donate, speak to one of the Mods or friends you've made on the forum. I can't imagine anyone here being stuck on how to donate.
    There is absolutely no reason that anyone will be ostracised by other members, why would you be? Non Gold Club Members will still have their questions and posts answered. No-one is making anybody pay or donate, it is just simple mathematics that we need to raise a certain amount of money per year to keep the forum alive. Without money it will close. Simple as.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Ian, like you i am low income , in fact i have to rely on benefits due to illness, i would pay a small donation once or twice a year as and when i could afford it, but there is no requirement to pay, it is a suggestion in order to help keep the forum going, i daresay there are others who contribute a great deal more. I can see no conceivable instance whereby any member would be ostracised or excluded because of the inability to pay, and i for one have no worries regarding this nor do i feel that i should be treated any differently because of entering into the gold club or whether i remained in the forum per se, i have seen you contribute to the forum and its members many times and i think that shows something of the committment youve given, but if this is a worrying question for you , contact Ade by pm and ask the same, im sure there will be a positive reply

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Why the big fuss over the colour pink,I think it`s very nice.
    Hmm.... well I have said in the past "Just cause I am married, didn't mean I went blind" I almost forgot what this thread was really about.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    This...I have considerable doubts on....lol William
    Oh c'mon William? You know you would be good?

?

I think that if you can afford to collect then you can afford the membership would have no problem paying double the 25 dollars the forum is such a wealth of knowledge and it's not fair the guys who run it should be out of pocket ! ...

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast