Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help with authentication of camo

Article about: I need the help of camo helmet experts in all fields of collecting. The have a m1 helmet that is getting mixed reviews on another forum some say good and now two say bad, there is more about

Default Help with authentication of camo

I need the help of camo helmet experts in all fields of collecting. The have a m1 helmet that is getting mixed reviews on another forum some say good and now two say bad, there is more about it on the helmet thread here at warrelics.
    Can any of the camo guys help from a camo eye validate or disapprove the helmet.
    I do not know how to link the thread and if anyone can help with that to make it easier that would be great. You can reply on that thread if you decided to help.
    Thank you very much,
    Marty

Vietnam era camo m1 helmet?
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-25-2017 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Added link.

Will send your pics off tomorrow morning to my "Camo Mentor". It was the M1 with the sand color paint & red outlines ?
    Got your pics uploaded in my computer. Will send off. Maybe my friend can make heads or tales of it.
    David
    When 10 men tell you you're drunk, you better lie down.
    'Get busy living, or get busy dying"

David, thank you for the help. The helmet feels right, if that makes since. If the helmet is an ARVN helmet the crazy colors may be original.
    Marty

Link added to your first post.
    I'm not sure if you will get more help here than where you have already posted it though.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you Ralph, the TR helmet guys may not go that often to the us helmet site and you see more german helmets than m1 helmet that are camo. I was hope to lean on their knowledge, every little bit helps.
    Again thank you for the link.
    Marty

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Link added to your first post.
    I'm not sure if you will get more help here than where you have already posted it though.
    Ralph.
    Should I not bother sending it off ? Not sure what you are saying.
    If this was posted on WAF or GHW....please, don't make me laugh.
    Marty, when I get an opinion from my friend, will PM you with his analysis of it.
    David

Quote by real steel View Post
    Should I not bother sending it off ? Not sure what you are saying.
    If this was posted on WAF or GHW....please, don't make me laugh.
    Marty, when I get an opinion from my friend, will PM you with his analysis of it.
    David
    No David, I did not mean you.
    I meant that Marty had already posted it in the correct section for the members that have an interest in this item.
    I don't see how he will gain by posting it in this section as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    No David, I did not mean you.
    I meant that Marty had already posted it in the correct section for the members that have an interest in this item.
    I don't see how he will gain by posting it in this section as well.
    Ralph.
    Forgive me....just did not understand. MAYBE we can get some info on it. I know a few guys that are pretty good with M1 helmets that are not involved in forums. Will keep trying until we get something

Marty

"Looks like VN era helmet & liner. The camo pattern is pretty cool & looks period from the pics. I would like to see the red outlining closer up, as it looks like red crayon that a kid applied post war. Would the red come off ?"

That's from a guy who I respect much with M1 & camos. Will send to a couple others tomorrow. The "red" is not the issue if it can be removed. Think we want to know if the paint & camo pattern is original. So we have one positive so far.

Will get back to you
    David

The red and pink under magnification appear to be paint or possibly nail polish, I still lean to paint.
    I was hoping for wax pencil or crayon but I do not think it is. I will get the helmet out and try to get better picks and post them on the helmet thread.
    Martu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast