Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I destroyed my life. Where do I go from here?

Article about: I'm sorry to post this here but I have no one else to go to. I don't know what to do anymore. My money is finally drying up and I'm going broke. All my "friends" left me when they

Default I destroyed my life. Where do I go from here?

I'm sorry to post this here but I have no one else to go to.

I don't know what to do anymore. My money is finally drying up and I'm going broke. All my "friends" left me when they found out I'm not a millionaire anymore and I have no family anymore. I've lost all interest in my hobbies and for the past year I've just been drinking heavily and using drugs. (I'm sober now not that it really matters at this point )

I had one real friendship, but I just lost it today. She finally got fed up with my behavior after she suspected I was drunk or on drugs. She was all I had left other then my material things. She really cared for me and I heard she was crying over all of this.

Now I'm thinking of just leaving the country and starting a new life somewhere, I just don't know what to do anymore. Please help.

Sober up and stop taking drugs and get your life back on track. You can do it if you really want it enough.

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, I am not sure why I am replying, as I dont think that this is where it belongs, but, first, money doesnt make the person. You are you, and your true happiness should, and cannot be bought or sold. People use people, till they use them up. Get on your feet, stop drinking, drugs, etc. sounds like you dont know when to say when, and that becomes a problem. You are only 17, your life has barely begun, so dont think it over. True friends are hard to find. Everything I am saying, probably does not mean much, but at 17, problems are magnified, this period will pass, and life will go on. Remember, life is not always happy, and that we are entitled to happiness, or easy life, or handouts, is just not right. I feel for you, because I can identify with what you are going through, I think most can. Things will change, and if its not happening at a pace you like, do something about it. Your problems will move with you, so that is not a viable solution. Do good, positive thing to better yourself, and bit by bit, it will get better. Good luck, hang in there. K

I'm sorry and i'm not mocking you but...............................
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sullivan_man_up.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	930067
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Chris. I know people that have been in the same situation. Take a step back & apologise to your friend, she sounds like a genuine mate that feels let down. If she knows you're making a concerted effort to get back on the straight & narrow. I'm sure that she'll help you get there. Right now she's probably keeping her distance to gauge whether you're seriously trying to sort it out. Don't let her down (or yourself) & things will come together for you. It will work out if you want it to. Good luck my friend, if you can share this sort of thing with us on the forum it suggests to me you're a good character that just needs a chance to prove it. Chin up mate. Kind regards, Stewy

Oh dear!

Well, you posted the thread so stand by for some hard advice from those who really have "seen the ocean".

When I was 16 I became a soldier following a fairly tough upbringing (no complaints from me). During the first two weeks I had more beatings than the rest of my life put together but I was not unfairly treated (I deserved it) it was education. Not too long (about 18 months) I was getting shot at, petrol bombed and spat at by people of the same nationality. I was just 19 when a colleague standing no more than a metre away was shot dead by a sniper. This was just the start of a long and mostly (apart from the really exciting bits) happy career. I eventually ended up in a job that shows me all the really nasty characteristics of people at large. Along the way I have had personal grief of course. Not least of which was my wife suffering two major cancers (she survived) as did my sister at the same time (she didn't) and my own health issues ( a result of my earlier experiences) currently threatening my sight.
    None of this has made me as self pitying as you seem to be now.

I don't mean to be unsympathetic but you have to realise that you are so young and have so little experience of life that you really must get a grip and deal with the things that are distressing you now which are ,as you will realise later, small beer.

Get a hold of yourself and as Gunny says Man Up FFS!

As my old Sgt Maj used to say "they can't shoot you and they can't make you pregnant, so how bad can it be?"

Good luck

Mate, at the end of the day there is only one person that can make things happen......YOU!
    Pull your finger out & get yourself together. You know what the problems are so deal with them.

"I wish life could be Swedish magazines" Iggy Pop, 1979

Indeed. Maybe time for a big change in your life. Get off
    the substances and pull yourself together. I've been
    in your shoes, as likely most of us have, and things
    will turn around - you'll see. Life ain't easy, but it's
    what you make it. At 17, it's all in front of you.

17 is too young to be falling apart. Live some life and see some things. Go to school...or get a job. Either way, it'll start you on the road to life. Your life is only as screwed up as you Allow it to be. You have the control over your own life-Use it and get on with the real world living.

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I hope you do return to read the replies and the suggestions given.
    But Understand this first. It is your inner self that can fix these problems. Some do programs, some do 12 steps. But it is your inner strength that has to be strong and that is what I want you to keep in mind! As you have read most of us have lived the life you are experiencing. YOU HAVE TO QUIT THE DRUGS!! It will be very hard and very tempting. But that is where the inner self has to come into play. It will say it hurts and the pain is to much. But yourself has to say, I AM STRONGER! YOU WILL NOT BEAT ME! I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED! I WILL WIN!!!!!
    I'm not just spewing shit. I have been there and I HAVE DONE THAT!. Not proud of my past. But I have learned and have made a better person of of myself.
    At 17 I stood in front of a judge. My choice was jail or Marine Corps. I choose the latter. I faltered from time to time to time. But I have been clean since the late 90's.
    Your last friend left you because the booze and drugs and the lies about them are #1 in your life. You have to be #1 in your life for You. You will then regain the trust of your friends !
    We all stumble and fall but it is that inner strength that will pick your ass up again and continue on this trip we call life

You are a young man with a fine life ahead of you. KNOW THAT!!!!!!! Don't think this is the end. IT IS YOUR BEGINNING OF A GREAT LIFE!
    I hope this will help. If not PM me and we can make it work. I'm here.
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast